I'm Not Scared

"You should go talk to Shizuo about some of this. You hung out with him more than anyone else, except your sister" Izaya told me, getting off of me.

"What? Really?" I ask, sitting up.

He nods. "Yeah, and it wasn't hard to see he liked being around you"

"And that's supposed to mean...?"

"Ask Shizuo and you'll find out"

I passed by a park and saw a giant crowd of people with red glowing eyes, they all had knives in their hands. I could see some blonde hair standing out in the very middle of the crowd. Shizuo was fighting off the people attacking him. I stood back, watching, worried and scared.

Shizuo was going to attack someone else, but just as he was about to hit her all the red glowing eyes in the crowd vanished. He started laughing as everyone was looking around confused.

"Shizuo!" I shout.

He looked over and sauntered up to me with a smile on his face. He wrapped his arms around me tightly, lifting me up so my feet left the ground.

"W-what the hell is wrong with you?" I ask.

"Nothing" he said, letting go of me.

"Ok. Well, can we go somewhere and talk about some things?"

He shrugged. "Sure"

I led us to a restaurant and we sat in a booth, Shizuo across from me. I just noticed he was covered in cuts and bruises.

"What did ya need?" He asks.

"Shizuo... do you remember me?"

"What do you mean?"

"From high school years. Do you-"

He spit out the drink he had, spraying it all over the table. He was shocked at what I said, I was shocked at his reaction. He wiped his mouth and set the drink down.

"I thought you forgot about all that"

"I did. Apparently I have selective amnesia and I forgot all about Ikebukuro"

"That's why I never got any responses over text from you when you just vanished"

"But do you remember me?"

"Of course I do. I didn't before, but after you told me to calm down-" he chuckled. "- I was reminded of a girl I knew in high school"

"Do you remember my sister?"

"I don't like to think about her. Thinking about it makes me think of how you acted without her around. You went crazy, even crazier than I can get, so your parents decided it would be best if you all moved"

"What did you think of me and my sister in high school?"

He looked down at the table, his cheeks going a little pink. "Your sister was nice, but I preferred you over her"

"Why me? She was the nicer one"

"She was nice, but I was always angry. Even then you knew how to help me keep calm, she could never do that. Whenever I got in a fight you were the one getting me out of it"

"Ok"

"Where's all this coming from anyway? Why the sudden interest in your past?"

"It's about my sister..."

"I thought she was dead"

"She is. Or that's what everyone thinks. But I figured out who might've taken her"

"Yagiri Pharmaceuticals" he said before I could get the words out.

"Yeah"

"There's other things you should focus on, like the yellow scarves. They've been popping back up like-"

"They aren't my priority. When I'm done with this I'll focus on the yellow scarves, if they become a problem"

We both went silent, not looking at each other, not moving. I decided I had enough information and got up and left, saying a quiet and quick goodbye to Shizuo. I speed walked down the street, my hands stuffed in my pockets. Someone ran up to me and Shizuo stepped in front of me.

"Was there something you needed?" I asked him.

"What do you think about me?"

"You were given an ability you can't control but you've learned to live with it. You're strong, and I don't mean that in a physical way"

"You aren't scared of me" he asks, sounding like he was trying to make sure of something.

"I've never been scared of you"

His eyes widened slightly like he wasn't expecting that kind of answer. He removed his glasses, putting them on his head. His hands clasped onto my shoulders and I was pulled towards him.

"Shizuo-"

He pushed his lips into mine and I froze, my eyes wide. Finally, I closed my eyes, allowing the kiss to happen. I felt a sudden familiarity with this feeling, but it was gone as soon as it came when he pulled away. My cheeks were red, so were his. He dropped his hands and nervously stuffed them into his pocket.

"Be careful when you go" he said.

"I will" I said with a smile.

I kissed his cheek and went around him, rushing to get to my house. I was going to break in tonight and see what was actually in there. I knew I could lose my job as an officer but I had to do this. I would just have to be very sneaky.

I changed into a black skin tight suit, much like the one Celty wore. It was the easiest for me to move around in the shadows and not be seen. I put my gun in it's holster on my hip and a black bandana to cover my mouth along with a pair of sunglasses to cover my eyes.

"For you Okimi"

The building wasn't being guarded, there was a simple gate in the front and most likely security cameras all around. I snuck inside, hiding in the blind spots of the cameras. There was a room that looked like the morgue of a police station. There were some bodies in the cupboards, all of them of people I had heard had gone missing.

Something hit me over the back of the head, knocking me to the ground. I tried to get up but they hit me again, sending me into the dark, vast unknown.