Dollars

The park I was in seemed abandoned. No one was around, all of them most likely sticking indoors during the rainy day. I was sitting on a bench, an umbrella over me to block the rain, waiting for the creator of Dollars to meet with me. I saw him before in Ikebukuro but didn't realize it was him until afterwards.

I had met him before, once or twice, but I guess it was bound to happen because I myself was apart of Dollars. Sort of. I was a member but not a frequent one. I used the online group to gather information. But I managed to get in contact with someone who could help me get what I needed.

"Nara?" A young voice asked.

I looked up to see the boy himself. He was young, 15 years old, but he managed to create one of the biggest colour gangs in Ikebukuro. There was a twist when it came to this gang though.

For one they didn't have a colour. Two, no one knew any members affiliated with Dollars. Unless someone explained they were apart of Dollars, then it was up to the people they were talking to if they believed it or not. Three, it was created and led by a high school boy. Four, they were a gang that did good for the city.

"Mikado Ryuugamine, good to see you again"

"Why are you asking me for information?"

"That's not exactly what it is I want. I used the wrong words when I explained it. I want you to keep an eye on the rumours being spread about Yagiri, if you can keep them under control. It would make my life easier if no new rumours were being spread about the Darkest Beauty saving the kidnaped people"

"So you believe the rumours about kids being kidnaped?"

"I have enough of a belief to check it out"

He sat beside me on the bench. "How are you going to do this?"

"I have someone else getting some inside information for me. I have a plan"

"Are you sure it's going to work?"

"If not I will suffer the consequences. I want to free the ones being tested on, if they are actually in there"

"Mikado? What are you doing with this beautiful woman?" A familiar voice asked form in front of us.

Masaomi stood there, soaking wet from the rain, with a smile on his face. He never seemed to lose that smile even on a rainy day like this one.

"We were just talking" Mikado responds.

"Did you finally ask a girl out?" Masaomi asks excitedly.

Mikado's cheeks went red at the assumption. I giggle at Masaomi's excitement.

"We were just talking about some things going on around town. Specifically Dollars. He's pretty interested in them"

"Really? Why don't you come tell me about what Nara told you?" Masaomi questioned Mikado.

Mikado looked at me and I nodded. "Go ahead, I've said everything that needed to be said"

He left with Masaomi and I sat for a little while longer, staring up into the sky, watching the rain drops fall from the clouds. Footsteps splashing in puddles came closer to me. I looked down and saw Shizuo standing in front of me with an unlit cigarette hanging from his mouth.

"What are you doing out in the rain?" He asked.

"It's peaceful"

"You'll get a cold"

"I'm not the one standing in the rain, allowing myself to get wet"

I stood up and positioned the umbrella so it was covering the both of us. We were close. His mouth opened a bit and the cigarette almost fell out.

"Who says you're any different when it comes to catching colds when standing out in the rain?" I ask.

He firmly shut his mouth but I could see his eyes drifting down to my chest. I was wearing a fitted zip-up sweater that was only zipped up enough to cover the tank top underneath. I put a finger under his chin and guided his face upwards.

"Why don't we go for a walk?" I suggest.

"Sure"

We started walking and I was struggling to keep the umbrella up above myself and Shizuo. He was pretty tall so I was having to stretch my arm up. His hand gently covered mine and I snapped my head to him.

"It might be easier if I take it" he says.

"Thanks"

I slipped my hand away and he took the umbrella in hand. We were still close together, making sure the umbrella was covering the both of us.

"Why were you at the park?"

"Why were you at the park?" I repeat.

"I was walking. It's better for me to walk around when there's less people outside"

"Oh, I see, less ways of getting you angry"

"Yeah"

"Well I was talking with someone, getting some help for a plan I'm concocting"

"Plan?"

"Do you know who I am?"

"I know you're Nara Sakai, and that you know a lot more than you make people think"

"I'm the Darkest Beauty"

He stopped when I said the name, almost making me step out from under the umbrella. He wasn't looking at me, his eyes were stuck staring ahead.

"You're serious"

"Dead"

I continued walking, not bothered by the rain dripping down on my head. Shizuo ran to catch up to me and I was sheltered from the rain once again.

"I'm only telling you this because I trust you, and you could be a useful ally"

"Who said I would be an ally and not an enemy?"

"Why would you be my enemy? We only have common goals, well besides wanting to destroy Izaya. We both want to get rid of danger, am I right?"

"Not really"

"Think about it. Me taking down Yagiri-"

"You want to take down Yagiri?!" He shouts.

"Calm down. Yes I do, but I can't have you spoiling the plan to the world. Anyway, taking down Yagiri and the little human testing thing they're supposedly involved with is the beginning. Then I keep working on the gangs. I'm sure you wouldn't mind having fewer gangs chasing after you and trying to beat you"