Favour

Months passed. I managed to turn in a bunch of thugs and gangs. My name was starting to be known around the city, but not my real name. Just like how the Black Rider was called what they were, a name that was tied back to the person they didn't actually know. People were calling me the Darkest Beauty. Mainly because of my darker coloured hair, normal dark purple outfit, Beauty because I was a girl... and the fact that I stopped all the thugs at night.

That's when they all came out of their hideouts. So that's when I attacked. Those who were bystanders gave me the nickname and now I just went by it. Luckily none of the bystanders ever saw my face so I was pretty much safe in daylight when I was working.

I walked into an apartment building, going towards the door that belonged to Izaya. I didn't bother knocking, letting myself in. It was spacious. In front of the large set of windows was a desk, there was a kitchen further to the left and to the right there was a staircase that led up to what looked like a library.

"Izaya I need a favour" I grumble, walking up to the desk.

He spun around in his chair with a giant smirk on his face. "This is new"

"Don't get used to it" I tell him, crossing my arms. "I just need you to do something for me"

He stretched his legs out under his desk and his arms out wide. "Tell me anything you need"

"How do I get in contact with the Black Rider?"

He stands up abruptly, his hands slamming down on the desk. I jump back. It looked like he was about to pounce at me, tackle me to the ground, but his eyes looked excited.

"Why would you want to do that?"

"Because I need their help with something"

"Who says they'll help you?" He asks, coming around the desk.

"I just want to ask them. It's a possibility they'll say yes"

"They're only a transporter, they won't do anything you ask of them" he walked towards me but continued on around me.

"I could try"

He stopped behind me and put his face next to mine, his mouth by my ear. "What would I get in return?"

"Money"

"I don't need money"

"Then what do you want?"

"I'm not sure yet" he walks away and pretends to think about it, plopping back down in his seat.

"So?"

He writes something down on a piece of paper then hands it to me. I grabbed it but he didn't let go just yet, stopping me from leaving.

"I'll be in contact with you"

"Thanks" he let go and I tried to leave but he called back out to me.

"Wait. There's gotta be more to it than that"

"You've heard of the gang called Dollars, right? The colourless gang?" It wouldn't hurt to tell him, it's not like he could do anything to get in the way.

"I'm surprised you have"

"I may be from out of town but I'm not clueless. I know all about everything that goes on in this city. Nothing goes on without me knowing"

"Really? How'd you get that much information? Even I don't know everything"

"You're just an information broker, not everything can be found online. Getting back to Dollars, the boy who founded it, he's helping me get information on-"

"You know who founded Dollars? Could you tell me?"

I scoff ignoring his question. "He's helping me get information on Yagiri Pharmaceuticals. You must've heard the rumours on what's going on there. I'm here to either shut them down or shut the rumours down"

"Why don't you ask me for information?" He pretended to look hurt.

"The kind of information I want is the kind you can't find. The rumours are what I need. I have information already but I need to know what others already know"

"Then what do you need the Black Rider for?"

"They're going to help me get some supplies I will use in the future"

He turned to his computer and started typing something up. He turned the monitor around so I could see what was on the screen. It was a profile, about Nara Sakai.

"This is pretty interesting information"

"It's nothing unusual"

"On the contrary. It says your birth parents are both dead. Yet, when I called a nice woman answered the phone"

"How'd you get my parent's phone number if they're dead?" I ask, trying to lead him off the path he was taking.

"Because they aren't dead"

I glared at him and started walking backwards. He was smiling. He knew he was winning this fight. I tried to run but he was faster.

He trapped me against the wall, each of his hands on either side of my head, a knee pushed between mine so I couldn't easily kick him. My face was slightly red at how close his face was to mine, but I couldn't think about that. I knew there was a knife stored somewhere in his jacket. I had to be careful. His normal cheery voice turned silky smooth, dark almost.

"I know who you are Sato, don't be so alarmed"

I stiffened when he used my real name. I thought everything about who I used to be was gone. He smirked at my rigid state.

"It wasn't that hard to figure out you were the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Sato. Besides, Nara Sakai doesn't exist"

"But supposedly neither does Nara Sato"

"Yet there's a birth certificate with your name on it. Your mother is a very nice woman"

I internally curse my mother for being the kind woman she was. She tried to raise me to be kind like her but I turned out more carefree and focused. And I tended to say whatever was on my mind, I didn't think about things.

"How did you find out the truth?"

"It wasn't that hard. When I found a picture of you and your parents I did a search. I found a match of the two older looking ones. Then I found their number. They're very proud of their daughter"