Three

Three

Two years on and I was sitting opposite one of my many clients that I work with" it was a pleasure to meet you, Skylar, I look forward to seeing the finished product in a few weeks," the middle-aged man said shaking my hand roughly.

I gave him a bright smile " pleasure is mine sir, any changes please contact me whatever the time " he looked surprised for a minute. But I generally work well into the early morning. Something I have been doing since my college days.

That would be my last in person meeting. Before my long break . I would be working from home, still helping my boss out.

For my vacation, I planned on Booking myself a really nice hotel and enjoying the beautiful beaches of Greece. But turns out my family decided to book me in for three weeks of bonding time at Christians villa in France.

When I tried to object my mum gave me one stern look that nearly scared me to death. It wasn't that I didn't like spending time with my family but I was looking forward to being alone and not working for a while.

So now as I drive back to my small apartment I have to think of what to pack for three weeks. France is one of my favourite countries, ever since I was younger I dreamt about spending a lot of my twenties in France. The city of love, the beautiful beaches in the south. Maybe I could even live there for a little while, but right now I couldn't think about leaving my life in London.

5 hours later I'm sitting in the car anxiously waiting to get to the house after a tiring trip. The place we were in was utterly beautiful. Deep within south of France, the weather a completely different world from London. Christians crime series was very successful and we were all so proud of him. Christian was like a second father to me, it was hard to spend a lot of time with him, just because the conversation would always shift to Damon.

I had heard from Christian that Damon was promoted early to Lance corporal. I couldn't quite believe that was possible since he had only been there for 5 years. I had written him a letter to congratulate him, he called me one night to thank me personally. It was nice to hear his voice.

On the way here, I was texting with James. We decided to completely end our relationship and just stay friends. Although there had been nights where we would flirt with each other and sometimes even kiss. I just didn't feel like I should go any further with James. I respected James too much.

Christian told me that one of his friends was going to drive me to the villa so I quickly followed him into the car. His name was George and he was handsome and very friendly.

He didn't say much but drove us peacefully to the address. I stared out the window in awe, at the beautiful countryside. This was everything I dreamed of.

The warm sun hit my face immediately as I stepped out of the car. My jaw dropped as I stared out at the house. It was a beautiful countryside house, with beautiful trees and plants surrounding the building.

The soft brown exterior mixed with the white stone drive and garage had me in awe at the design. It was incredibly unique and I was already falling in love with it.

My little moment of staring at this house was short lived as I heard the sound of a motorbike pulling up next to me. I removed my sunglasses squinting to see who it was.

As this person removed their helmet I was met with a blonde, buff guy. He angled his head slightly, looking like he was cracking his neck or something. Once he finished that his eyes met mine.

I quickly looked away. "hey, don't move" he called after me when I was about to walk into the house. I spun around and noticed him before me. His chest rising and falling.