Fifty One

Fifty One
Nathan brought over a few hot drinks as we sat with Thalia in the lounge area. Most of the guests had left the house. Other than our friends it was only Thalia that stayed to talk with us.

Turning my head, I winced when I heard the sound of banging coming from the kitchen.

" Do I need to calm him down?" I asked Nathan with an anxious look.

He shook his head. " I don't think so," He replied. Well that's assuring I thought to myself.

Nathan sat down after handing us our drinks.

" I can't express how sorry I am that you are going through this, Skylar. I had no idea Henson would go to this level" Thalia began to say.

I shook my head. " It's not you that should be apologising " It should be Henson.

"Still, I feel like I should take at least some of the responsibility"

I'm sure she thinks that but she really has nothing to apologise for.

" I'm also sorry that I couldn't be of much more help" she added.

"Well maybe you can" Nathan spoke up.

Thalia turned to Nathan with her curious eyes.

" If you're comfortable, maybe there is something that we can tie Henson down with. It's hard for us to accuse him of causing harm to Skylar and Damon"

"But maybe you can give us something credible"

I was a little taken back by his request. That's a lot to ask from Thalia even if she was willing to do that.

" Did he hurt you at all?" Yvonne asked. Ben, who sat by her side, reached over and squeezed her arm. This didn't go unnoticed by Thalia.

"Did Henson hurt you?" She asked, turning to Yvonne.

"He wanted to, " I answered.

Thalia closed her eyes very briefly as she registered my words.

" I'm so sorry, fuck I never knew that Henson would stoop this low. But to be honest Henson was never violent, not until I had my abortion"

This was what I feared.

" He wanted the baby but I just couldn't. My family has a history of miscarriages and honestly I hated how the baby was conceived. It was not what I wanted" Her voice seemed to quiet down towards the end.

I was concerned by her words.

" It was forced, " Charlotte quickly added. Stating what was on all of our minds.

" I didn't remember the night it happened. That week I couldn't find my pills and I'm sure he did it without my consent "

I felt sick at her words. Knowing that someone would even think about doing that to something they supposedly loved.

The issues that Henson had, ran deeper than any of us imagined.

" Did you tell anyone at the time" Nathan asked.

She shook her head. " No, well I did tell my therapist at the time but I'm not sure that's any help"

" Your therapist would have recorded it, we might be able to use that as evidence with your consent of course."

" You want me to accuse him of rape?" Thalia questioned.

Nathan looked around at us all. " This is all up to you but if you really want to help Skylar then this is probably your best chance at getting him arrested so that more questioning can be done"