Sixty

60

I waved goodbye to Izzy and Lily as Damon walked out of the restaurant. I wanted to stay and chat more but the other option to leave with Damon was far too tempting. I planned to spend tomorrow night with my family.

I left the restaurant and found Damon pulling a hoodie over his shoulders. I quickly walked over to the car. We would be staying with Christian since he had much more room than we did in my family home.

Charlie and Adam decided to stay in one of Christian's apartments which was about 20 minutes from here.

Damon was quiet as he got into the car and started up the engine. I gathered that he was tired but I also had a feeling that he was over-thinking Izzy's words.

I climbed into the passenger side as the guys slipped into the back. We were going to drop them off first before heading to the house.

" You good bro" Charlie said, leaning forward and placing his hand on Damon's shoulder.

" Yeah just tired" He replied, finally reversing out of the car park and getting onto the road.

I noticed Charlie and Adam glance at each other before settling back.

We were on the road for about 5 minutes before I placed my hand on Damon's arm as it rested on the middle console.

The ride was silent but I think Damon needed a little peace and quiet.

I noticed my phone light up with a message from Charlie.

Don't worry he'll be fine. We will take him for a morning run tomorrow.

I smiled as I looked at Charlie behind me. Acknowledging that I had read his message.

As soon as we arrived at the apartment, they pulled their bags out of the car and waved us goodbye.

Damon put the car into drive and headed home. I rested my head on the window and closed my eyes briefly. Once we arrived. Damon helped bring our bags inside. Christian offered to help bring them up to the room and nodded his head in the direction of the kitchen.

I thought about following until I understood what Christian was doing.

Every boy needs their mama.

" Charlie says he's going to take Damon out for a morning run tomorrow" I said as we finally dropped our bags in the room.

" That's a good idea, I've left a car at the apartment that they can use," I nodded. " Thank you Christian. I don't think I say it nearly enough but you're an amazing man and I'm so glad Natalie and Damon have you in their lives"

He turned and wrapped his arm around my shoulder. " You're a sweetheart Sky but it's my pleasure. Damon is a strong man but he's still a boy at the end of the day. I'm happy that I was able to help him"

So was i.

" Why don't you get some rest. You've had a long day and I think Damon might be a while. "

I sat down on the bed in Damon's room. " You're right, i'm really tired actually," I said. Christian smiled as he walked over. Bending down and kissing my head.

" Good night Sky"

"Good night Christy" I replied. He paused. " Behave " He grumbled before leaving the room.

I smiled " He never ever liked that nickname"

I could hear them all talking downstairs so I decided to have a shower and get into bed. I slid under the sheets after pulling on a big shirt of Damon's and my small shorts.