One

One

Damon was always my protector. Ever since I mustered up the courage to speak to him at lunch he was always my protector and took pride in making sure that I was always safe and never felt lonely. Some said we were too close to just be friends and maybe they were right.

But we never talked about it. I was too afraid to and Damon never brought it up. Mostly likely because of Deanna, his girlfriend.

But the way he treated me compared to her was different. He treated me differently and I knew that but it was him acting as a protector than anything more.

Our parents also grew much closer. With my mother divorced and his mother losing her husband to Cancer. They found friendship in both of their losses.

Damon spends most of his time with his friends, either at the gym or at his friends houses. Normally drinking a lot of beer. No matter how often I ask him about what he plans for his future he continues to hide out with the guys and get himself into trouble most nights.

I know I shouldn't care if that's what he wants to do but I want something more for him. I want him to have purpose in his life and not the opportunities he could have taken. Damon is incredibly intelligent, confidence was his greatest asset. I tried to talk to Deanna about him but she dismissed me and told me to worry about myself.

I have stopped asking Damon to focus on his future. Tired of sounding like a broken record.

Tonight, Damon was inviting us all for a meal at his favourite restaurant. He didn't want to tell me why, even with the amount of times I asked him. He may listen to me but I'd be stupid to think that i can control what he does.

He is very charming which makes it hard to stay mad at him.

I developed feelings for Damon shortly after we became friends. His attention on me was hard to ignore when he would check up on me and make sure I ate and always helped me to study.

My crush solidified with him when we both attended the same party. I had turned 16 a few days before and We were both drunk, actually a lot of us were. We were lucky to have kept the drinking under wraps. Our parents would really kill us if they found out.

Myself and a few of the guys were camped out on the stairs bored of the game that everyone was playing in the lounge. I was left alone with Damon when the guys heard some more girls were on their way. They were very eager to spend more time with them rather than spending their time playing games.

I was just playing with the scar on his arm when Damon lifted me up and placed me on his knee. His arms around me. Surprisingly me completely , the next thing I know he'd pressed his lips against mine.

Like every first kiss it was awkward at first but his lips were just coaxing me making it easy to follow. But I lent back, my finger rubbing my lip as I tasted the alcohol in his lips.

Damon just kissed me. But he was drinking.

The following morning when we had McDonald's for breakfast I found out the hard way that he hadn't remembered a thing from that night. It hurt me knowing that I was the only one that knew but maybe it was better that it remained a secret. He was both Deanna, it was completely wrong.

I decided to never bring it up and just have it as my own little secret. But I'm glad he was my first kiss.

I took my sweet time getting ready for tonight. I don't know why but I felt like something big was going to happen and with Damon anything was possible.

But what worried me was that he had been acting distant lately. Going to the gym more than normal and having these trips where he would have to travel an hour away, sometimes more. I didn't understand it but I also knew if he couldn't straight up tell me then I wouldn't be successful in getting an answer from him.