Sixty three

Sixty Three

The following morning I felt the worst headache as I lifted my head for the first time.

I was laying in bed in nothing but a T-shirt. Damon was sat up in bed typing away on his laptop.

" morning baby" he said, locking eyes with me as I turned to him. I groaned as I turned the other way. The light was far too bright.

" what's the time ?" I asked with my head still turned.

" time to wake up " he said softly.

I heard the laptop close before his arms wrapped around my body. He gripped my hips and pulled me to his body.

"We've got a busy day baby" he said, pressing his lips to my cheek.

" We don't have dinner until this evening. Why can't I sleep in ? " I asked.

He chuckled. " we're all going to the beach for a walk and probably some food "

That was the worst possible news.

" you're joking, " I mumbled.

Damon turned my face to meet his. " sadly not. C'mon the fresh air will be good "

I don't think so.

I soon found out that Damon was in fact not joking.

To my surprise Lily was already downstairs ready to leave.

Damon forced me into the shower and told me I had 30 minutes to get ready.

I had no idea why we were going so early. I took a few minutes to myself before finally getting ready.

Arriving downstairs , literally everyone was here. Even Yvonne and Charlotte were joining us.

" Okay everyone lets go, I need to get at least 10,000 steps in" Lily said, clapping her hands once.

I sat down on one of the kitchen chairs. " Don't you want to rest? " I asked my sister.

She rolled a wristband onto her small wrist. "Rest? No dear sister there is no time to rest"

I grumbled. " There's always time to rest"

Much to my dismay. Lily and everyone filed out of the kitchen and started to get into the cars.

Damon pulled a few bottles of water out of the fridge. " Do I need to go and buy you a matcha to start the day, baby?"

I picked up my spoon that was sitting in my yogurt pot. I pointed it at him. " Yes" I moved my spoon to the door. "Go"

Damon gripped the water bottle before exiting the kitchen. That was a little too easy I thought.

I quickly finished up my breakfast and walked to put my spoon in the sink. I washed it and placed it on the drying rack. I took a moment to look out of the window. It was a beautiful day for a walk. Maybe an iced matcha would be just the right thing to wake me up.

I turned the water off ready to follow everyone outside only to gasp suddenly when Damon's strong hand gripped my neck. He pushed me against the counter and spread my legs with his strong knee.

" I hope that tone of yours isn't going to become a habit" Damon whispered as he moved my hair out of the way.

I knew it was too good to be true.

" I didn't have a tone" I attempted to defend myself.

He hummed. " Sounded like it"

I forced my body round to face Damon. He had a brooding look on his face but I could sense the playfulness.