Dan Smyers

Based off the song: How Not To By Dan and Shay

"Nia I won't keep dealing with this. You have a problem." Dan said to you.

"No I don't Dan.." You denied for the billionth time.

"Anita if you can breath in my face right now and it not smell like alcohol I will leave you alone." He said calling you by your government name. 

You sat there quiet knowing you were defeated. This problem has been brewing every since you and Dan started dating. The hate from the fans and the being in the public eye was draining. Your sister passing away wasn't helping matters none. Dan has come to you more then once about this problem. 

"My point exactly, it is not even noon and you are probably drunk. Anita you need help. I can't keep living like this." He said.

"This is your fault Dan. Your fans have done this to me. The hate I receive on a daily basis is draining. These people are telling me to kill myself. Maybe I should do what Abby did." You yelled.

'Anita Thompson don't you ever say that shit." He yelled.

"Dan just get out." You said.

"I will not give up on you." He said.

"Go on everyone else has." You said grabbing your water bottle.

Dan came across the counter grabbing it from you. he poured it down the drain along with breaking the other alcohol bottles you were hiding under the sink. 

"Dan what the hell!" You yelled.

"Grab your shoes come on." He said.

"No." You said.

"Anita don't make me drag you out here screaming."" He said.

You reluctantly grabbed your shoes and followed him to the car. You soon came to a building in town.

"What is this?" You asked.

"AA." He said.

"Dan i'm not going in there." You said.

"Anita please." He said.

""Dan I don't have a problem." You said.

"Look at yourself god dammit." He said pulling down the visor to show your image.

You hair was a mess, eyes low and bloodshot. bags hung under them.Maybe he was right. 

"Now tell me again you don't have a problem." He said.

"I love you." You said.

"I love you to Nia this is why I am doing this." He said.

You got out the car and walked into the building.

"My name is Anita Thompson and I have a drinking problem."

"Welcome Anita."

I just want to let yall know this hits home because I had a drinking problem After my brothers being killed and my sister getting killed in a car accident I turned to alcohol. I want to let everyone know there are places that can help. I am 2 years sober and still going strong.