Brett Young

A/N: Most of my imagines are based off of a song. So I would listen to the music while reading.

Courtney's POV

Today I was leaving for Iraq. I didn't want to go but this is my job. I rolled over and looked at my seeping boyfriend.

"Brett." I said kissing him.

"Mhm?" He asked in a sleepy voice.

"I have to get up." I said.

"Do you have to go?" He asked.

"Yes." I said sadly.

"I'm going to miss you." He said.

"Will you wait for me?" I asked.

"Don't I always?" He asked.

"I love you." I said.

"I love you too." He said kissing me.

1 year Later

It was a long tour of duty but you were finally coming home. I was so ready to see Brett it was unreal. You puled up in our driveway and there was another car in the driveway. It wasn't Brett's truck. You feared the worse. You slowly got out of my car and walked to the door. You opened it quietly and listened in to see if you heard anything. You heard a woman's voice. She and Brett were laughing. You couldn't believe this. After the promise he made you.

"I guess promises are meant to be broken." You said.

"Courtney wait." Brett said coming towards you.

You had already rushed out the door and back to your car. You pulled out the driveway and sped off. Your phone rang and rang but you didn't bother answering. You were just ready to leave. You turned on the radio. You dropped your phone on the passenger floor board. You reached down to get it and weren't paying attention to where you were going.

*CRASH*

Brett's POV

I can't believe she left. The lady in the kitchen was a jeweler. I was buying a engagement ring for her. I tried calling but that was no use. I got in my truck and drove in the direction she went, I saw smoke about a mile up the road. As I got closer I saw a car flipped over. I looked and I recognized that Black Nissan Altima. I  pulled to the side the road quickly. I got out and rushed over. She was unconscious when I got to her. 

"Courtney stay with me." I said pulling out my phone to call the cops.

They got her to the hospital and rushed her back into a room. I sat back with m head in my hands. I pulled the ring out of my pocket and looked at it. God please let her make it. I loved her with every fiber in my body. 

"Mr. Young." A doctor said.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Courtney has had a lot of damage to her body. She will be okay but I should warn you the woman you will see in there will not be the normal bubbly Courtney you are used to." He said.

"Thank you doctor." I said.

I walked in her room. he was right she looked do frail and pale. I was used to seeing the strong vibrant version. I noticed her eyes flutter open. I rushed over to her side. She took one look at me and started crying.

"No Court," I said.

"Why Brett." She said.

"Courtney you misunderstood. Rebecca is a Jeweler." I said.

"A Jeweler?" She asked confused.

"Yes, while you were away she was designing me an engagement ring for you." I said.

"Oh my, Brett I'm so sorry." She said.

"It's okay you didn't know. So, Courtney Halloway will you marry me?" I asked.

"Yes." She said.