Chapter Seventeen: Sightseeing

Best Day of My Life - American Authors

Chapter Seventeen: Sightseeing

Nora and I got a ride with my brother and her parents to the airport on the 28th of December. When she had told her mom and dad that I had gotten her a trip to the Harry Potter resort in Orlando, their faces damn near literally dropped to the ground in shock. I almost expected them to object to the idea but all they did was calmly ask me if this was what I wanted to do and I said yes it was. It was my gift to Nora and I wanted her to have it. They said nothing else after that.

"You guys have everything you need? Chargers? Identifications? Medical cards?" Josh started looking through the zippers of my suitcase where I'd never keep anything of importance like that in there.

"I do. Now stop rooting through my pouches like a weirdo." I slapped his hands out of the way. He stopped long enough to sigh and make a face before I squished his cheeks with my hands. "Joshua. Stop. I'm fine. I have everything, okay? I'm packed and ready to go."

He sighed again and nodded. "I'm just making sure you're ready. God is this what it's going to feel like when you're away to college? Or when Jesse is away at school?"

I laughed and hugged him. "Shut up. I'm coming back, remember? It's not permanent."

"I know," Josh kissed the top of my head. "I just want you to be safe out there. Tell nana I said hello."

"Will do. Call me if anything changes with dad."

"Will do." He kissed my forehead again. "Be safe but more importantly have fun. And take care of Nora."

I glance over at her. She was hugging her parents goodbye with a broad smile on her face. "Duh. I'm not just going to dump her ass as soon as we land. We're on this trip together."

Josh nodded. "Right. Well have fun and take lots of pictures. Anya expects your Instagram to blow up with photos of everything so make her happy and post lots of stuff for her, okay?"

I nodded and got one more hug from him. Even Mary and Peter gave me a hug, both telling me to have fun and be safe too. All three of them waved as Nora and I boarded our plane to go on the adventure of our lives.

Our seats on the plane were perfect; in the middle aisle on the right hand side. Our third guest in our row was a golden retriever so that was an added bonus for us. His name was Gus and he and his owner were flying back home to Florida. Gus was a very good boy and panted happily when we pet him.

"Is he used to plane rides?" I asked his owner.

The woman, Agnes, scoffed. "He loves to travel. I've had him flying in planes since he was a small puppy. He's used to being in more planes than cars. He's comfortable in the sky. It's where he belongs."

Our trip went as smooth as a flight was going to get. There was some turbulence, which kind of spooked Nora and she clutched the arms of the seat so hard I thought they were going to break. She eventually calmed down when Gus leaned over and put his chin on her lap. Such a good boy.

When we landed, we grabbed our carry-ons from the compartment above us and went inside to get our suitcases. I could see in the distance my Nana holding a big glittery sign with mine and Nora's names on it. She waved enthusiastically when we approached.