Chapter 6

After Newt left, heading down the hallway, Abby followed Thomas back into the weapons room where the others were.

Her mind though was not focusing on her surroundings at all. She just couldn't stop worrying about Newt. She continuously wondered what he was doing and if he would be back quickly enough. It just seemed so strange for him to refuse Abby coming along and she couldn't stop worrying about what might happen to him.

"Where's Newt?" Minho asked.

Abby was about to answer, but Thomas spoke up before her. "He's just doing something quickly. He'll be back in a minute," he said.

Minho was sitting on the ground and sighed, "I swear he's-"

He stopped talking once Abby started to glare at him. "You should really shut up before I get even madder," Abby threatened, "Just because I'm a girl and we're friends doesn't mean I'll go easy on you."

"I didn't even say anything!" Minho objected.

"Yeah, well you were going to," Abby leaned her back against the wall. It was silent for a few seconds, but all of them were on alert just in case someone found them.

"What's taking Newt so long?" Minho huffed.

"I'm sure he'll be back soon," Thomas told, although he looked unsure of it.

"I'm back right now." Thomas and Abby spun around to see Newt in the doorway. Abby silently lets out a breath that she had been holding in since Newt left.

"Nice to see you again," Minho called.

"You too," Newt joked, "What did I miss?"

Brenda spoke up, "Nothing but these two arguing." She gestured to Abby and Minho.

Newt shot a small, cheeky smile at Abby before his face grew more serious as if he had remembered something. "Tommy," he stated, "I need to talk to you."

Thomas hesitated, "Okay."

Abby started to move towards the door, eager to come with them and find out what it was that Newt needed to tell Thomas. Newt put his hand on her shoulder though, stopping her. He shook his head, "No, Abby. I need to talk to Tommy. Alone."

She was a bit surprised, but still agreed, "Okay."

The slightest reassuring smile showed on Newt's face, but it quickly faded.

Abby had no idea why Newt was acting like he was or why he needed only Thomas. It was concerning knowing that there was something that he wasn't telling her, but Abby tried to push it out of her mind.

Newt turned and left through the door with Thomas following at his heels. They walked down a few yards from the doorway before stopping.

"Newt," Thomas questioned, "What's all this about?"

Newt turned to face him. "I need you to take this," he was holding out a sealed envelope in his hand.

"W-What? What is it?" Thomas stuttered.

"I can't tell you. You just need to take it," Newt instructed.

Thomas took the paper envelope in his hand, staring at it, "Should I open it?"

"No, you can't open it until the time is right," Newt lectured, "And when you do open it I need you to do exactly what it says."

"But how will I-"

"Thomas!" Newt interrupted, staring right into Thomas's eyes, "I need to know whether you can do this or not." When Thomas didn't respond Newt added, "Do not open it until you know it's the right time and do exactly what it says to do. Do you understand?"