Chapter 3

Everyone separated into smaller groups as they discussed whether or not they wanted to get the Swipe removed. Group B was still on one side of the room with The Gladers on the other.

Thomas, Minho, Frypan, Newt, and Abby all faced each other.

"I don't know what the rest of these shanks are doing," Minho spoke up, "but I'm not getting anywhere near any of those machines." He gestured to the odd devices hanging over the bed. They were mostly metal with several wires here and there. You could clearly see what part of it would go on your face.

"I agree," Newt told, "When has anything good ever come out of doing what WICKED wants?"

"What if this is what they want?" Thomas theorized.

Minho broke in, "It doesn't matter. I'm not letting them put that thing on my face."

Abby nodded along with the rest of the group, "I'm with Newt no matter what."

However, Teresa was heading over towards them. She stopped once she was standing next to Thomas. "So, we all want to do it right?"

"What?" Thomas asked, baffled, "You can't be telling me that you actually are thinking of agreeing to let them do this."

"I'm not just thinking of doing it," Teresa said, "I just talked with Aris and him and all of Group B are all for it. I'm on their side."

Minho did an obvious eye roll and Abby was close to doing the same. She had never really liked Teresa that much just like most of the other gladers.

"You guys aren't going to let them remove the Swipe?" Teresa breathed, "But what about remembering the memories you lost? If you have any good memories from before the maze, don't you want to remember them?" For some reason, she seemed pretty shocked that they weren't agreeing with her.

"Guys, she might have a point," this was from Frypan. Everyone looked at him. "Remembering what life used to be like and having WICKED not being able to control us anymore sounds like a good enough deal for me," he told.

"You can't be serious," Minho objected.

"Minho let him make his own bloody decisions," argued Newt. He turned to Frypan, "Are you sure Fry?"

"Yeah," he nodded, "You guys are making your own decision. I should be able to make mine."

Minho looked like he was about to saw something after that, but he stayed silent.

"I'm sorry, Teresa," Thomas said, "but the four of us aren't doing this."

"Don't do anything stupid," Teresa added before walking back to Aris and Group B.

Frypan turned and went to the other gladers, leaving Thomas, Newt, Minho, and Abby alone.

"So, what are we going to do?" Abby asked no one in particular.

"Probably something stupid," Thomas replied, facing them all, "But if we are going to try and escape, we wait until it's the right time. We only have one shot."

They all agreed.

There wasn't any more time to talk after that though. The Rat Man was getting everyone's attention again. "We have a room and a bed assigned to each and every one of you," Janson spoke, "In this room, there is Aris, Sonya..." He continued with a few more names. None of them were any of the people from the Glade and none of them refused. "The rest of you, this way," he nodded towards the door and they followed.

Thomas walked next to Minho and behind them, in the back of the group, Newt and Abby walked side by side. "Now?" Minho muttered under his breath.

Thomas shook his head slightly, "Not yet."