(18) Complicated Love

Start from the beginning

     The guards gave a quick nod before leaving. Johnson excused himself as well to go look for a Korean employee. While everyone got busy, I went straight to my office. I took out the tissue again and gently placed it on top of my desk.

     Rather than trying to figure out what the Korean text said, I decided to look at the symbol instead.

     I knew that there was a meaning behind it, but it was obvious Julien wouldn't just be telling me about it if I asked him to explain to me the detailed meaning of his tattoo.

     The symbol had like a number 3, another one that I suspect is a number 1, or maybe it's actually the letter I? But whatever that was, I'm pretty sure the last one is an x. And that's pretty much it.

     "Romeo", Johnson says as he knocks on the door tree times before entering the room without even waiting for me to tell him he could come in.

     "What was the point of knocking?" I told myself as I stared at Johnson enter the room with what I suspect was the Korean employee.

     "Here he is", Johnson says as he gently pushed the employee to go in front of me.

     The man looked terrified as he quickly bows and says, "G-Good morning chairman V-Val...I am Kim Minsu of the Marketing Depart-"

     I sighed and quickly stopped the man midsentence.

     "I'm not going to fire you", I tell him as I pushed the tissue closer to him.

     "But I will if you fuck this one up", I continued, and Mr. Kim looked at me confusingly, like he didn't know what I was actually asking him to do.

     I sighed again and said, "Read."

     I didn't know what was scary about saying the word read, but Mr. Kim suddenly flinched as he immediately grabbed the tissue paper from the desk.

     He gulps and reads the note, then he looks back at me and asked, "You want me to translate...this?"

     "Yes. Every word of it", I answered him.

     The employee gulps again and finally says, "H-Hope you liked my gift. Can't wait to play with you again...little brother."

     Little brother?

     "Little brother?" Johnson asked, like he just read my mind.

     "That's what it said", the employee tells me. He was about to return the tissue paper but suddenly stopped and looked back at it with shock, "Wait...this symbol...it's..."

     "The Dark Saints", Mr. Kim and I said in unison.

     Johnson looked surprised. Mainly surprised that I didn't even tell him about that information that I already acquired from Julien.

     "Yes, they're the most feared men in Korea", the man adds, a little shocked that I knew about it too.

     "Tell me something about them. Who's their boss? What are they doing here?" I asked, half expecting the man to not know the answers to some of my questions.

     The man gulps for the hundredth time and answered, "Well they handle the prostitution houses, the drugs, and even half of the country's crime. They're loan sharks, thugs, criminals, you name it. I don't know who their boss is exactly but for what I have known he's an old man that goes by the name The Sinful. And for them being here? I don't know...they're powerful in my country but I didn't know they had power here too."

     So they're a big time gang then. Practically runs the whole country too.

     "Sons, does he have sons?" I suddenly asked, like there was something about it that I just had to know.