(9) A Little Embarrassed

💋

(One week later)

     "Master Val, secretary Julien is already waiting downstairs", one of the maids says from outside my door.

     I fixed my tie and looked at the time: 7:00 AM.

     "Arrived on time as usual", I say as I take the pen from the table and hanged it on my necktie like how I've been doing for the past week.

     It's been a week since Julien has become my new secretary, and it has also been a week since we've...

     Because of the stress that I've acquired from my complicated family, I decided to busy myself with company work. Julien has been beside me for almost 24/7, but for the past week, I've practically ignored him. Not because I'm embarrassed to talk to him, but because I'm just really busy and I don't find the significance to talk to him about anything in particular.

     He also suggested that he'd help me with my OCD. Since then I've noticed him purposely walking slowly so he could give me a chance to open public doorknobs myself, but as expected, I still haven't touched that dirty thing.

     "Tell him to get ready because I'll be going down soon", I answered.

     The maid doesn't say anything else but I heard her go down the stairs instead.

      I looked at myself in the mirror for the last time before heading downstairs myself.

     At the living room, I saw Julien politely sitting down on the sofa while drinking coffee the maids have probably served him.

     The moment he sees me, he quickly stands up and gives me a respectful bow, "Good morning Chairman Val."

     I nod my head to acknowledge his greeting. Then I looked around and noticed something, "Where's Johnson?" I asked.

     "Johnson told me he'll be heading somewhere today", Julien suddenly answers me.

     "He'll be what?" I quickly asked, trying not to suddenly get mad because Johnson didn't even say anything about this to me.

     "He said it's a very important matter so-"

     "If it was so important then he could have at least told me about it", I said, quickly making Julien stop talking.

     I took a deep breath and massaged my temple, "Fine, I can let this slide. But who on earth would be driving me then?" I asked.

     Julien suddenly bites his lower lip and lifted his hand to show me the car keys; "H-He kinda gave this to me...yesterday."

     Great, so Julien knew about this since yesterday and he didn't tell me about it too.

     Seriously, these two are a little bit close with each other now.

     "Can you even drive?" I asked him.

     Julien quickly nods his head and says, "Yes sir, I still have my license with me."

     I stared at him, not even sure if he was serious or not. But since this was already planned, I just nodded my head in defeat, "Alright, whatever. Let's just go", I finally say as I walked towards the front door.

     "Have a good day Master Val", the maids said before I got outside.

     Julien quickly runs towards the car that was already parked outside. He opens the door for me as I got in, then he went inside as well and starts the engine, "To the company sir?" he asked as he looked at me through the rearview mirror.