Chapter 13: A Broken Past

Cherry was still sitting on the window sill reading the book. The sun was shining through the window giving her the perfect amount of light. She rested the book on her legs and glanced out the window at the garden. Cherry couldn't stop thinking about who her family might be. She rested her head against the window, a look of defeat covered her face. Cherry glanced back down at the book and carried on reading, letting the time fly by.

Suddenly she heard a knock at her bedroom door. Cherry snapped out of her daze and looked towards the bedroom door.

"Come in" Said Cherry as she looked down at her book and carried on reading it.

Slowly her bedroom door opened with a creak. Ciel stood in the doorway and looked over at Cherry sitting on the window. He smiled slightly and shook his head.

"How are you doing?" Said Ciel as he walked in the room slightly and closed the door behind him.

"I am doing alright thank you Ciel" Replied Cherry as she looked over at Ciel and gave him a small smile.

Cherry swung her legs off of the window sill and gently slid off. She grabbed the book she was reading and walked over towards Ciel.

"Was there something you wanted to tell me?" Said Cherry in a sweet and innocent tone, looking at Ciel.

"Nothing inpiticular, I just wanted to make sure you were well" Replied Ciel as his pale cheeks turned a light shade of pink.

Cherry blushed slightly and turned her head to slightly look away. She hugged the book against her chest and looked back at Ciel, her face turning a darker shade of pink.

"Thank you for your concern Ciel... you are someone truly special" Said Cherry as she gently lent forward and kissed him on the corner of his lips.

Ciel blushed a dark pink and rubbed the back of his neck. Cherry giggled slightly and rested a closed fist in front of her lips. She hugged the book closer to her chest and moved her hand away from her mouth. Ciel glanced down at the book which Cherry was hugging.

"What were you reading before I disturbed you?" Said Ciel as he gently placed his hand forward and grabbed the book from Cherry.

"Oh I was just reading "The World Around Us by Professor Henry Lanyon"... I find his work quite interesting" Replied Cherry as she blushed slightly, she hugged her hips slightly.

Ciel chuckled slightly and handed the book back to Cherry. She tilted her head slightly trying to work out what was so funny.

"Out of all the books you could have picked you picked the one by our family friend" Said Ciel as he gave Cherry a small soft smile.

Cherry just stared at Ciel still confused. Suddenly there was a crash from down stairs. Both Ciel and Cherry looked at each other then rushed down stairs and to the servent quarters. They both opened the doors and saw Sebastian, Mey-Rin, Finnian and Baldroy all glaring at Grell who was kneeling on the floor.

"Oh I must re-pay for my sins" Screamed Grell as he pulled out a knife from no where and pointed to his neck.

Everyone gasped, horrified expressions covered each of their faces. Slowly Sebastian walked over to Grell and placed a hand in his shoulder.

"Now, Now there is no need for this... think of the mess you would make" Said Sebastian as he gave Grell a closed eye smile, with his devilish charms added in.

Grell was still just kneeling on the floor, staring at Sebastian with stary eyes.

"Oh thank you Sebastian" Replied Grell as he hugged Sebastian's legs like some kind of animal.