Chapter 5: Mystical Performance

A few hours later and it was about 8:30 pm at night. Ciel was down at Scotland Yard Station running through the plan of action with the officers. He glanced up at the clock as saw it was 8:35.

"Alright gentlemen it's time we make our way to the auction house" Said Ciel as he started walking towards the door.

"Yes Sir Phantomhive" Replied all the officers as they walked behind Ciel and out of the Station.

Ciel got into his own carridge, and the officers got into a group of other carridges. Slowly but swiftfully they made their way to the auction house. The street lamps shined through the black night sky. Stars shining high in the sky. The horses hoves clicked on the ground in a consistance pattern. After a while the carridge slowly stopped, they had arrived at the auction house.

Slowly Ciel stepped out of his carridge and looked over towards Sebastian. His eyes filled with nothing.

"Be ready for anything Sebastian" Said Ciel as he started to walk up the stairs at the front of the auction house, his shoes clicking, echoing through the calm and peaceful surrounding.

"As you wish my Lord" Replied Sebastian as he gave a slight bow and walked right behind Ciel and off to one side.

They both walked through the door and were greated by a man with sleak black hair. He looked about thirty with a cane in his hands and a top hat on his head.

"Welcome Earl Phantomhive" Said the man as he took a bow and held out a hand towards Ciel.

"I don't believe I have ever had the pleasure of meeting you before" Replied Ciel as he held out his hand and shook the man's.

"Oh where are my manners... my name is Mr Mystic... Mr Martin Mystic" Said the man as he stood up straight and placed both his hand on top of his cane.

"Pleasure to make your acquaintance Mr Mystic" Replied Ciel as he put his cane to the side and rested his hand on top of it.

"So his real name is Mr Mystic... but what could such a man be selling at this time of night?... if it's not the girls maybe it's something else" Ciel thought to himself as he eyes became lifeless, lost in thought.

"We are just about to start... so please make your way into the auction hall" Said Mr Mystic as he pointed towards the main hall door, then he started walking towards the back entrance of the room.

Ciel looked at Sebastian, then they both started walking towards the doors. Slowly they opened the doors and saw a stage in front of them. A few candelabras in gold were at the edges of the room, giving the entire room a eerie feeling. Ciel and Sebastian took a seat at the back of the room in the shadows.

Suddenly there's a spotlight on the stage. A bang and a cloud of smoke appears. A faint shadow can be seen through the smoke, but it was difficult for Ciel to make out. The man behind the smoke waves his arm through the smoke causing it to spread over the crowd. Slowly the man was revealed to be Mr Mystic.

"Ladies and Gentlemen... Let the bidding begin" Said Mr Mystic as he took a bow and had a devilish smile on his face.

Suddenly the curtains open behind him slightly. Mr Mystic stepped backwards through the gap into the black abyss. Forcefully he grabbed one of the girls arm and pulled her back through the gap. Ciel eyes went wide with horror, it was him who had been kidnapping the prostitutes.

The girl had long flowing dirty blonde hair, bright green eyes, and slightly tanned skin. She had tears forming in her eyes, slightly shaking with fear of what was going to happen.

"So what are the bids?" Said Mr Mystic as he placed a hand on the girls shoulder, causing her to shudder.

"10 Shillings" Replied a man in the audience as he raised his hand.