Chapter 12: Change In Heart

Maximus and Cherry were resting against the wall. He placed a hand in front of her to push her gently against the wall.

"Stay hidden" Whispered Maximus as he looked out from the corridor down at the two people below.

"Look Ciel Phantomhive... I have no clue as to what you are talking about" Said the man as he looked at Ciel, having a very good poker face.

"It is just procedure Mr Aiden Booksworth... if you have nothing to hide you should be fine" Replied Ciel as he looked up at the man, an unimpressed expression covered his face.

"Is my word as a Noble Man not good enough?" Said Aiden as a smirk grew on his face, as he took a slight.

"Pfft... F**king Noble Man" Whipered Cherry as she glanced down at Ciel and Adien still having a conversation.

"I have evidence that you have kidnapped a young maiden and I am just here to do a routine check that is all Mr Booksworth" Replied Ciel as he placed a second hand on his cane and looked over at Aiden.

"Fine... do as you wish" Said Aiden as he took a slight bow and walked towards Ciel.

"Just so you know... you are not going to find anything" Whispered Aiden as he walked past Ciel and into a room.

"Come on... now is your chance to get out of here" Whispered Maximus as he gently grabbed Cherry's hand and pulled her behind him.

They reached the end of the corridor and they both stopped.

"Ciel Phantomhive" Said Maximus as he looked down at Ciel from the railing of the upper floor.

Ciel looked up at the railing above and saw Maximus standing there.

"Can I help you Maximus?" Replied Ciel as an unimpressed expression still covered his face.

With that Maximus looked over his shoulder and gently pulled Cherry's hand so she was standing beside him. Ciel's eyes went wide with shock, he thought he was never going to see her again. Cherry gave him a small smile and started to walk down the stairs. Swiftly Ciel walked over to the stairs and met Cherry halfway up. She wrapped her arms around him and buried her head into his shoulder. Gently Ciel wrapped his arms around her and let out a sigh of relief.

"I thought I was going to lose you" Said Cherry while she still had her head buried into Ciel's shoulder.

"I would never let that happen Cherry" Replied Ciel as he hugged Cherry slightly tighter, bringing her as close as he could to him.

Maximus was standing at the top of the stairs, a small smile on his face. He finally felt happy seeing that his father hadn't affected Cherry's life to much.

"Unbelievable" Said a voice from behind the pair of them.

Ciel and Cherry both looked behind them to see Aiden standing in the middle of the room. Slowly Ciel turned around to face him and gently pushed Cherry behind him to protect her.

"Might I ask what you want with this young lady here?" Said Ciel as he glared down at Aiden, who was clearly amused by the whole situation.

"I am surprised you have not put one and two together yet Earl Phantomhive" Replied Aiden as a smirk slowly grew on his face.

"What are you talking about?" Said Ciel as a confused look started to appear on his face, he glanced over his shoulder at Cherry then back at Aiden.

"Clearly you have no idea... so I will leave that with you" Replied Aiden as a look of victory covered his face, with a smirk to finish the look off.