Chapter 13

I walk up to Grace's front door. I take a deep breath and knock. I fiddle with my fingers while I wait for her to answer the door.

Is she going to be mad at me for not talking to her? I hope not, because I really need her to help me get through this.

After a couple of seconds she opens the door with a big smile. My eyes start to water, and her smile quickly starts to fade away. I hug her and cry, once again. She takes a step back.

"Come inside and we can talk about what happened" she says and grabs my hand, leading me to her room upstairs. I nod my head and close the front door behind me.

"W-where are your p-parents?" I ask once she closes the door to her room.

"They went on a business trip in South America, but that doesn't matter right now. What happened?" She furrows her eyebrows and we sit down on her bed. I try my best to explain what happened without crying to much, but as soon as I get to the part where I saw them making out then I ran to my car, I brake down.

I hug my knees and sob. My vision gets blurry from all of the tears, and I feel light headed. My throat starts to burn from hyperventilating, and I'm trembling uncontrollably. My chest hurts, making me wince in pain, and I feel really nauseous. I'm sweating like crazy, but I'm also really cold.

It feels like I'm dying, but maybe dying would be better than living without Gray.....

Grace hugs me and I can see that she also has tears in her eyes.

"Haley, I think your having a panic attack...." Grace tells me, but it sounds like she's far away, or under water. I don't respond and I shut my eyes tight, as if it'll make everything go away. I grip onto my arms tightly.

"Haley, you need to breath. Take a deep breath. It's going to be ok" I take a deep, shaky breath.

"Good, this is going to be over soon. I've had a panic attack before and I know how it feels." She says in a calming voice. My breathing starts to slow down.

"The feeling of being empty, the feeling of wanting to die, that's only temporary. Everything is going to be fine, I promise." I open my eyes and look at her. She has tears falling down her cheeks, but she's smiling.

She's trying really hard to calm me down. She really cares about me, and she's trying to be strong for me.

I loosen my grip on my arms, and I can see blood dripping from my nails  from digging my nails into my arms. I dont feel any pain, and I really don't care at this point.

Grace gets up and walks out of the door, then comes back after a couple of minutes with a glass of water. She holds it out for me and I let go of my knees and grab the glass with a trembling hand. I take a long slow sip of the cold water, letting it sooth my throat. The pain in my chest goes away slowly, and my breathing goes somewhat back to normal. My vision is still a little blurry from my tears, but I try to blink them away.

"Do you feel better?" I nod my head then I give her a hug.

"I don't know what I would do without you. I love you" I say.
(In a friend way duh)

"I love you too" she says.
(Again, in a friend way, duh)

"I really don't want to go to school and have to see him" I tell her.

"Look, you dont deserve to be upset, ok? Don't let him have the satisfaction of seeing you like that. You know what, I have an idea" she says and pulls away from the hug.

"We're going to show him what he lost" She says with a devilish grin. I look at her with a confused face.

*Morning*