"It will never happen to you." I promised her.

"Why? I feel there are more chances. What if I became the reason for complete seperation between your brother and parents. When Satvik who is very close to his parents and mainly his mother can let the situations arise as such whatever happened then why can't Ansh who is already angry at your parents?" she asked and this time I don't have any answer.

"Bhai would never hurt you." I finally said and she smiled.

"But we both already did that to each other." She said shrugging.

"And who knows what will he do when some situations arise? How can I make his tensions increase and destroy our relationship?" she asked and I know I need to ask her one thing.

"You think I am overreacting, not accepting Satvik back into my life? You think he has made no mistake?" I asked and she immediately shook her head.

"He did! And he too knows that, but I just want to say that throwing each and every wrong at his feet is also not correct." She replied placing her hand on mine.

"I didn't mind much whatever his family did you know, but when he... when he repeatedly accused me... I just..." I stopped in the mid sentence and she squeezed my hand.

"And he is beating himself about that every day. Trust me when I say that." She mumbled, but I didn't reply.

"Now that Mom is talking to you and everything is fine, why don't you marry Bhai?" I asked her frowning.

"Yeah! All thanks to Satvik about that, but I want to wait for some more time." She replied and stood up to leave.

"What do you mean, thanks to Satvik?" I asked even though I know deep inside what is she talking about.

"Didn't you get it already? All this was his plan so that Aunty and I can spend time and also she can accept me." She replied before walking away while I stood up to go away from here feeling even more restless than the past few days.

However, when I reached my Dad's office room, I got another shock. But this one is major because Satvik and Dad are walking out of Dad's office with grins covering their faces as if they achieved something.

They both turned but stopped in their tracks looking at me. Dad just cleared his throat recovering from his shock and walked off while Satvik walked near to me.

"What is happening here?" I asked and immediately added, "I am tired of asking that question."

"Nothing! We were just talking." He replied, shrugging and I know he is lying outright.

"Yeah? What is your plan? What to give a gift to your family or something? What happened to our relation is not enough to satisfy them? You want to destroy my Dad's company also?" suddenly everything just burst out of my mouth and I don't know from where it started.

He stared at me silently while I kept on cursing myself inside to even think like this and when I saw his mask slipping a little and stared straight at the hurt in his eyes, I walked off from there reaching the steps and climbed them in a hurry to reach my room.

I didn't climb down to reach the dining area until Kirthi knocked on my door calling me for the dinner. I didn't make eye contact with anyone and calmly sat on my chair.

After we started having the dinner, we heard Mom clearing her throat, after which everyone stared at her.

"How is it?" she asked and I saw that she didn't touch her food.

"It's amazing, Mom!" I replied smiling and the compliments started to which after a very long time I saw her grinning with complete happiness and I had to look away to clear my throat so that I don't start crying.