Attention stealer

Start from the beginning

I was a privileged kid, born into a rich family but I had worked to get into this school, but with a little help with my family they got me a room in residence for myself .Which was bittersweet I was able to have time alone without anyone but it would get too quiet at times.

That's what made me so disappointed, I thought that just maybe someone at least maybe one person without me trying would be different and would come to me instead of me having too. If this how it's suppose to be, me alone, then I guess that's what's its suppose to be.

a little hope sparked in me but the feeling quickly vanished when she averted her gaze.

I looked at her in hopes again to see her get up from he seat and walk towards my direction but I look beside me to see the trash can. Assuming she is going to put her stuff in the garbage. I saw as she stops right in front of it, still looking at the ground, until in a second she places herself on the seat in front of me, that's when she then made eye contact with me, looking directly at me.

My eyes widen in shock, as I take a good look at her features, her eyes slightly shining as the sun penetrates from the window reflecting on the table, I tilt my head.

I lean the smallest inch closer as the light covered some of her face, I analyze a small tint of pink appear on her cheeks as she turned her head to face towards the window out of embarrassment.

I move back giving the space of the table between us as I look at her and she has her head facing back in my direction, she places her hands on the table as she was twiddling with her thumbs, looking every direction except for my face, I can't help but to continue looking at her.

As she was the one who had come up to me anyways, she finally has her eyes set on me.

"Hi, I'm Y/N and I don't really have friends here"

Taken aback that she had finally spoken I had also spoke,

"H-i-i I'm Jungkook and I don't have friends here."

---
Y/N POV

He had said that with a smile on his face, making me slightly confused.

" I mean you probably have known that"

He said that still with a smile on his face, thinking in my head, he definitely found out, he knows. But I tried to play it cool and act as if I hadn't done anything.

"Not re-re-ally"

He started laughing and I saw his cute bunny like smile, that I couldn't help but to smile as well. I didn't know what I was going with this . Just coming up to him but clearly if we both always sit alone at lunch there is a high possibility that we don't have friends . But I thought that for him at least maybe his friends play basketball or something and he doesn't want to join, it was all really just a hypothesis.

"What got you to come here"
"You seem interesting"
"That's the first"

Instantly regretting my thoughts just coming out of my mouth that I couldn't change, I started to talk about something different.

"So where are your friends..."
"Non-existent, what about you "
"Mostly considered acquaintances"
"What makes me different"
"You seem different?"
"With a question mark?"

I started feeling flustered so I stood up from my seat and placed my hand on the table.

"Maybe, this wasn't a good idea"
"No. Why don't you stay, I was just joking around."