Chapter 4

--Vanessa's POV--

I run upstairs and throw on a black one-piece with blue narwhals that has a hole on the back, then run back downstairs with a hair tie and brush in hand. I try to find Kirstin or Mitch, but come out fruitless.

"Ness, whatcha lookin' for?" I hear someone ask me from behind. I turn around to see Kevin.

"I was trying to find Mitch or Kirstin to help me French braid my hair, but I can't find them..." I say, trailing off as I look around.

"You want me to do it for you?" He asks me, holding out a hand for the brush  and hair tie. I hand them to him and we sit down. Him on the couch and me on the floor.

"How do you know how to braid hair?" I ask him, puzzled.

"Kirstie showed me before tour one day. You know the braid she had her hair in at one of the previous interviews?" He explains.

"Yeah, I do. I guess you did her hair then?" I assume, he nods in agreement.

"So. Where are you from Nessa?" He asks as he makes a smaller braid to start it out.

"Uh... Ohio... Columbus. The house just past sobo style, brick with white trim." I say to him, giving a really wide range of houses, considering sobo style closed up awhile ago... although, the owner does help out at the Clintonville community Resource Center...

"I think we've been in that area before... our concert at the schottenstein center? That, Was awesome." He says as he pulls more hair into the braid.

"Yeah. I didn't get to see it. I had a huge recital that night." I say to him, still disappointed that I never got to see them live... but now I'm living with them, I think we all know which one is better!

"Aw! That's a shame. They were a really great crowd. And they knew all the lyrics" He says happily as he finishes the portion on my head, then starts to braid it normally. "Done. You wanna go outside?"

"Uh, I forgot something, so I'll go grab it." I walk upstairs and find my waterproof concealer. I apply it on my scars, hoping that Kevin won't say anything. After I convince myself I'm ready, I go downstairs and run into the pool.

"Cannonball!" I yell as I jump in, making a decently sized splash.

"Hiya ness!" Kirstin says from the edge of the pool as she applies her sunscreen.

"Heya Kirst." I greet her with a smile, then remember something. "Hey guys..."

"Yeah?" They ask together, all turning their heads towards me.

"Uhm..... Well, i was wondering if i could do Parkour and Gymnastics? I promise that I wont use my powers to cheat. In fact, I've been messing around with an amulet i got when i was little, and it can block my powers. I promise I'll work really hard." I plead to them, really wanting to do it.

"I'm cool with it." Scott says, which pretty much seals the deal. Everyone else agrees with it.

"Where are you planning on practicing?" Mitch asks me as we get out of the pool.

"um... There's this one place, Parkour Moon, and the Valencia Gymnastics place...." I say trying to pull everything from my head.

"Oh Yeah! They're both within walking distance, so transportation isn't an issue. And they have really positive feedback on yelp, Google, Apple, twitter, and Insta." He says, looking at his phone.

"Yeah. I've searched them up previously too. Positive feedback on all of their students, parents love it, and the students look really advanced.  Some have even gotten into the early phases of the olympics." I say as Mitch and I analyze the different social media accounts.

"Send me some Links please!" Scott says to us as he jumps in.

"Kay!" I say once he resurfaces and send him just about every link i could find, then about 20 screenshots.

"I approve!" Scott says about twenty minutes later, after i had jumped back in and gave my phone to it's charger.

"Yay! I had called them this morning and asked if they had any teachers, and both do! They're really high in level too." I say as i dive under the water.

I swim to the bottom of the pool and re-surface quickly right next to Avi and Kevin, scaring them half to Death.

"WHAT!!!!!" Kevin say in surprise as i jump up behind him and tackle him.

"NESSA-BOMB!!" I yell as i giggle, letting him go.

"Ness, why?" Avi asks me, his frown on his face.

"Because, it was funny." I say, still giggling.

"I guess it was." He replies with a devious smirk on his face. He advances on me and starts to tickle my feet, Kevin joining in soon after.

'This is gonna be really fun.'

-== Time skip 4 months. (Huge i know, but it's important)==-

It's been a long time so far with Pentatonix, and I've gotten closer to everyone. Especially My dad and Kirstin. I've started getting lessons at Parkour Moon and Valencia Gymnastics. I'm the 'Top Student' at PM, and 'most potential' at Valencia's.

As of right now, we're eating dinner at home. I made Nigerian with Kevin, which was really fun, but They've been acting odd lately.

"Guys, what's wrong?" I ask them out of nowhere after our plates are empty.

"Nothing Ness. Why do you ask?" Dad says, locking eyes with me. I can tell there's something hidden behind those icy-blue orbs.

"Something is up. Either someone's leaving, or you guys are splitting up." I say, reading their body language.

"I-I've made the decision to leave PTX, and be full-time with Avriel and the Sequoias" Avi says with a sad smile on his face from right next to me.

"Are you sure?" I ask him, tears threatening to fall.

"I-I was really stressed out, and our schedule has always been hard for me because I can't see my family as much. And I really like A&S." he says. I hug him.

"You will be missed. Just ask, and you'll have backstage passes... no, you will always have backstage access to any show." I say, small tears falling.

"Thanks. You wanna be in the video?" He asks me, referring to the announcement video.

"Sure."

Okay! This is raw, but I will edit it soon. Who else was crushed when they announced him leaving? I was. Anyways,

See y'all next time!

--- AHKDeviltrio