I Wouldn't Mind

::Chresanto's P.O.V::

"I change my mind, Jacob, I change my mind" I said as I came to a stop right in front of his house. He turned around and looked at me, "come on, don't be scared". I shook my head a little, "t-they're not going to like me" I stated. Jacob gave me a warm smile, "it doesn't matter if they like you or not, Chresanto. You're just meeting them and having dinner, then we can go and do whatever you want after, okay?" He took a hold of my hand and walked me to the porch, he unlocked the front door and literally had to pull me inside of the house. 

"We're here" Jacob announced, he pulled me into the kitchen and there I saw a woman with a set of plates in her hands. "I didn't think you'd get here so fast" she said, she set the plates down and smiled at me. "You must be Chresanto" I nodded, "yes, ma'am, I assume you're Jacob's mother?" "Yes, I am, my name's Teresa".

"Mom, where's tio?" Jacob suddenly asked as he picked up the plates and walked them to the dinner table. "Supposedly he's working a late shift", Jacob scoffed "it's just like him to chicken out at the very last minute". Ms. Perez turned and looked at me, "I'm sorry he couldn't make it" "oh, no, it's perfectly fine". I was actually somewhat relieved. 

>>*<<

Dinner was actually going pretty great! I wasn't embarrassing myself and the food was really good. "You cooked this by yourself?" I asked to Ms. Perez, she nodded and smiled "I did". "That's all she does, is cook" Jacob said. "I cut coupons too" "mom, cutting coupons isn't fun". I smiled a little as they began to discuss what was fun about coupon cutting and what wasn't. 

"Chresanto, does your mother enjoy cutting coupons?" "Mom" Jacob said, I looked at him then at her. "I don't know if she likes to cut coupons, I've never met her.... Well, I mean, I have but that was when I was a baby. I don't remember much about her, all I know is that she'd make the best bacon and toast" I explained.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know she wasn't in your life" Ms. Perez said, "it's okay, I like to talk about my mom, I don't really get to that much; my dad doesn't like it" I replied. "Well, I'd love to here about her if you don't mind" Ms. Perez said, Jacob looked at me "you don't have to". I nodded a little and said "no, I want to".

>>*<<

"My dad told me she has pretty eyes" I said lightly, we had finished dinner a while ago, now we were just sitting at the table talking. "I've been talking the whole time" I informed, "I should probably stop, let you or Jacob talk?" "I like hearing you talk" Jacob said as he leaned in and kissed my cheek. I smiled a little, I was going to say something, but the front door opened and in walked a man that I didn't know. He seemed to stumble a bit and he looked to be a bit confused. 

"Michael?" Ms. Perez said as she looked at him, "what're you doing here?" "I didn't miss it, did I?" He slurred, Jacob stared at him "are you fucking drunk?" "Did I miss it? The meeting of your friend?" "I thought you said you were working a late shift?" Ms. Perez said as she stood up. "I might've lied" the man, I assume whose name was Michael, said. I watched as his eyes wandered over to me, "ah, so you're him? The kid who Jacob's fallen for, what's different about you? Hm?" 

::Jacob's P.O.V::

"Come on" I said as to Chresanto, "let's go". I took his hand in mine and stood to my feet, "what the hell is different about him? He looks like all the other fags you've dated!" My uncle yelled, I looked at Chresanto and he looked at me. "I'm sorry" I apologized, "don't call him that" I said to my uncle, "you're fucking drunk and you need to go somewhere". 

"Michael, you're not in the right state of mind", he ignored my mom and looked at me. He looked right at me and said "you don't deserve him, you don't deserve anyone; gays aren't right, they never were and they never will be". I wanted to punch him and I wanted to kick him, I just... I wanted to hurt him. This wasn't fair, it wasn't fair to me, or mom, and it definitely wasn't fair to Chres. I wanted to get him out of here, he didn't need to see my uncle drunk. I squeezed Chres' hand and took a deep breath, "we should go".