Discussions

::Jacob's P.O.V::

I sat down at the dinner table and looked at the lasagna and garlic bread that was just placed in front of me. My mind had so many thoughts floating around that I hadn't noticed my mother calling my name. I looked up when I finally heard "Jacob" "huh?" I asked as I looked up at her. "You okay?" I nodded "yeah".

"You looked to be in deep thought" my uncle stated, "I was". It was silent for a minute or two. "You weren't thinking about that boy, were you?" My mother looked at me in hopes that I would keep my cool, I tried just for her sake. "No" I lied, "I wasn't". "Good", I couldn't believe this! "Can I please be excused?" I asked to my mom, she opened her mouth to reply but my uncle stopped her.

"No, you haven't touched any of your food" he stated, "I'm sorry but I'm one hundred percent sure that I wasn't talking to you" I replied. "You can go, Jacob, I need to have a word with your uncle anyway".

I didn't go to my room like I thought I would, instead, I stood at the top of the stairs and listened. "Why must you do this?" My mom asked seriously, "do what, Teresa?" "You know good and well what I'm talking about! Disrespecting Jacob like that, that was rude and there was no reason you had to act that way".

I messed with my hands so I had something to do. "You know I don't agree with.... With how he is..." "With how I am?" I whispered, "I know, but there's no need to let it be known, Michael. He's your nephew and I think you need to support him in his decisions" my mom explained. It was silent. "Teresa, it's hard being the uncle to a kid who likes the same sex, do you know how the officers at the station look at me?"

"You're a grown ass man" I said as I walked back down the stairs, "aren't you?" Him and my mom looked at me, a bit of shock on their faces. "You are a grown ass man, and I think you are capable of ignoring the looks of your ignorant and childish as fuck partners" I stated, "I don't care if you don't feel comfortable with who I like and who I date, whether the person is the same sex as me or not. You don't have to support me, but it's the right thing to do, tio. I'm your sobrino, aren't I?". He nodded a little, "si" "so why can't you just let me, you know, be me?" I watched as he looked down and rubbed his forehead. "I don't wanna talk about this right now".

>>*<<

"You've got Chresanto's number, right?" I asked, I held my phone against my ear as I paced around my room. "Yeah" "may I have it, please?" "Why? You two gonna have a sexting session? Cause that's nasty" Elijah said as he began to make gaging noises in my ear. "Could I please just have the damn number?" He chuckled and said "I'm just playing with you, but yeah. Got some paper and pen?" I looked around and found a sticky note and a black pen. "Yeah, go" I copied down the numbers that he was telling me and when he was done, I labeled the paper as Chresanto's number.

>>*<<

::Chresanto's P.O.V::

"Hello?" I greeted as I answered my phone, "hi, uh, is this Chresanto?" It was Jacob. I dropped my phone out of excitement and I scrambled to pick it up. "Hello?" "Hi, yeah, it's Chresanto, how'd you get my number?" "Elijah gave it to me" "oh, okay, cool". "Yeah, um, I was wondering if you were still up for Spanish help?" I nodded and said "yeah, absolutely". He chuckled and said "okay, is there a certain day?" "Is tomorrow okay? I've got a test coming up and I'll really need the extra help" "yeah, tomorrow's cool". 

>>*<<

I had just got off the phone with Jacob, we talked for a good thirty minutes. Telling each other things that we wanted to know about the other and now my cheeks hurt because I couldn't stop smiling. I remind myself of a girl sometimes. "Romelo! Come here" I heard my dad call, I walked out of my room and went to where he was, which was the living room. 

"I wanted to talk about the fight that you got into" he said as I looked at him, "what fight?" I asked. "The one on your high school quad" "oh, that one". I've still got bruises from that one. "Yeah, are people messing with you?" "No" I answered, "of course not, why would you even ask that?" "Well, I mean, you came home one day with a black eye, and then the next with a bloody nose and bruises so I thought I'd just ask". I stared at him confusion, when did he ever care about me? "You never cared before" "that's because it hasn't happened before". 

"You've never cared though, you.... I don't understand why all of a sudden you just started acting like you cared. You've always been worried about selling drugs and getting money, and.... And smoking weed and hanging with your friends.... And yeah" I said quietly. "I'm just trying to be a better father" "why?" "Tyrone's son, James, he got shot by a boy who he got into a big fight with" "oh, i-is he okay?" "No, he didn't make it.... He died". "Did anyone try to help him? Were the cops called?" My dad shook his head, "no". 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry for any mistakes.

Love, 

Me