Proving Yourself

::Chresanto's P.O.V::

Waking up the next morning was hard, even if it was a Saturday. I rolled out of my bed and walked down stairs. I looked around and noticed that my dad wasn't home, if he was then there would've be some type of noise filling the four walled structure. I walked into the kitchen and found a note waiting for me on the table. I picked it up and read silently: 

Doing something important. Will be back later, and I know what happened yesterday.

I rolled my eyes and ripped up the note. I made myself something to eat and went back to my room where I found a text message on my cell phone. 

Elijah: Going to the mall today, wanna come?

I thought about it, did I really? I sent a message back saying, 'is Cole and Myles gonna be there?' I couldn't even set my phone down before I got an answer.

Elijah: I don't think so...? They were wrong for what they did to you, by the way.

'Yeah, well, I'll come. What time?' I texted back. 

Elijah: Two. 

>>*<<

::Jacob's P.O.V::

"I apologize for what I said to you yesterday out on the quad" I said as I stood in the middle of the living room. My uncle was sitting on the couch, reading through the newspaper. My mom was sitting next to him and watching me. "I was frustrated and angered, and I wasn't thinking, and I said what was on my mind. It was wrong and I'm sorry" I added, he was still reading the newspaper and I sighed lightly. 

My mom suddenly nudged him, "pay attention, he's trying to apologize and you need to let him know that you are being respectful and giving him your full attention". My uncle put the paper down and finally looked at me, I could tell he was trying to be tough and make it seem like he was pissed off with me, but I could tell that he was actually pretty hurt. 

"Is that really how you see me? As just a 'damn cop?'" He asked, I shook my head a little "no, you're my tio and the only father figure that I have..... And I love you?" I tried. "That may have worked when you were younger but not now" he said simply. I poked the inside of my cheek with my tongue, "hmmm". "How come you got so upset when I was trying to help you yesterday?" He asked. 

I sighed and sat down on the floor, "I got so upset because I felt like you were babying me. You kept asking me if you could do anything, if I was okay, who did it... And just, I'm not a little kid anymore" I said as I looked up at him. "I'm not the little boy who used to be so excited to ride in your cool and awesome police car, or the little kid who you taught how to ride a bike because mom was too afraid to do it because she didn't want to see me fall. That's not me anymore" I explained. 

"Then who are you? If you're not that little kid anymore... Then, who are you now? The boy who got caught in the middle of a fight?" I closed my eyes, "no, I'm Jacob Perez. The eighteen year old who wants to go to parties without being asked fifty million questions about where it's going to take place, how many people are going to be there, will there be drugs, will there be alcohol, and will there be sex". I opened my eyes and looked at him, "that's who I am". 

"I never asked if there would be sex" he replied. "Um, actually you did, Michael" my mom chimed in, "I remember because you pulled out a box of condoms and tried to have The Talk with him". "Which was so embarrassing because you couldn't even wait until we got home to talk about it" I muttered as I shook my head, "I just wanna be able to hang out with friends without so many questions getting shoved down my throat".