14. The Dragon Ring

I wake up in the morning to stained bed sheets. It's not unfamiliar to me. Zinnia has done this to me before.

Every summer of my life, a few days a week. My body is sore and I struggle to get up. I look at the time and notice it's 9am. I'm supposed to go cliff diving with Jem and the rest of the pack but I can't let Jem see me like this.

I could cover my bruises and cuts up with make up like I usually do but it would just get ruined in the water. Instead, I decide to cancel. It's not great weather anyway.

To Jem: I can't come cliff diving today. Sorry, do it next weekend instead? xx

I wait a few seconds before there's a reply.

From Jem: Why not? I don't mind. Are you ok? Of course we can do it next weekend x

To Jem: it's not great weather, I'm fine. I've got work to do as well x

From Jem: I can come over? I don't mind x

To Jem: No that's ok. I'll see you in school x

I don't get another reply. I know what I have to do today. When I was 15 years old I joined a street fighting club up town. It's a human place but I don't mind.

I have a nickname there, they call me Danger. I know it's weird, but it sort of suits me. When I was 15 I gave up with Zinnia beating me and I got stronger there.

I know, I'm already strong I have a training room in my house. But it's not the same. I'm not allowed any weapons when in the ring and I'm really bad at using no weapons.

I'm alright at it now since I went there, but I haven't been in a whole year and I didn't get to go much as it was because Ace or Kaitlyn were always with me during the summer.

Now, I'm 18 and I need to leave. I have my own outfit I wear to fight there. I wear my hair in a ponytail,  I have black leggings, a black sports bra, black combat boots and I have black tape I sometimes put around my hand because I know I will rip the skin there or something.

I also wear a black buff around my mouth and a black hoodie so I can wear my hood up. I know what your thinking. Black. It's all black. But it's what suits the job. I know it's especially dangerous. I'm an undefeated person there.

I look for the owners contact in my phone. I should have her number here somewhere. Aha! I think when I find it. I press the call button and wait for her to pick up. After a third ring, she finally does. Her voice is rough just like I remember.

"Hey Mya it's Ty" I say. She's the only one who knows my actual name at the club.

"Hey Danger, I haven't heard from you in ages. What can I help you with?" Mya asks

"You still open?" I cut straight to the chase.

"Of course" she says. "Your welcome to come train"

"Thanks, oh and Mya" I say

"Yeah?" She asks before hanging up.

"If you ever need a person for someone to fight. Call me. I'm always free if you need me. All year" I say.

"Great to know, I'll see you in a bit Danger" she says. I nod to myself before going to the shower to clean off the blood. I wipe my cuts clean.

Once I'm in my bedroom I put my bed sheets in the wash to get rid of the blood and clean my bedroom floor.

Then I get changed into my outfit and take a small back pack that holds my tape for my hands and a bag with things I use for boxing.

I take the bag and leave the house. I take my bike to the dragons ring and go inside.