1. I move in with the better half of my family

>I have changed some things, the story line hasn't changed but I've edited it so it's better and it's a better layout etc. I hope you guys enjoy it <
-------------------------
Ty's POV

My name is Amity Darkcrest, I'm eighteen years old and I'm a hunter.

Today was the day I had been waiting for, for so many years now. I'm finally moving to Wales to live with my father and his family there.

The truth is, I'm a hunter. My mother has never, and will never, know the truth about me.

I have always been tempted to tell her. But what do I say? Well, I know what to say, I just know that I'm too afraid to do it.

All I have to tell her is that I'm a hunter, a protecter. My dad, Ace, is also a hunter. It runs in the family. A hunter is a person who protects the world.

My sister, Kaitlyn, is also a hunter, but unlike me, she doesn't know it. Hunters protect the world from all sorts of things, demons, monsters and even more.

I have trained my whole life, I started from a young age, since I was about 5 years old. I'm always in battle with some sort of monster.

I carry many different types of weapons with me, swords, bow and arrows and daggers. I carry at least one weapon on me at all times. I know different battle strategies, different types of demons and monsters and how to kill and distract them.

But it's's not that easy.

It never has been and never will be.

No matter how many scars and injuries I gain, telling my mother the truth is still worse. I've been lying to everyone, my mother, my sister, my sister's boyfriend, Neil, and my so called friends.

Basically everyone apart from people in the hidden world. It sounds so bad and horrible that I've been lying to my family in New York, but trust me, it's worth it.

Every hunter in the history of hunters, is sworn never to tell any mortal about the hidden world.

So, I can't wait to move. Although, the place I'm moving to is completely different from New York.

My father, Ace, lives with his wife, Zinnia, and their daughter, Cassia. The place is really sparse, but there's a school and lots of woods. And what hides in the woods? Monsters. And what's in schools? Children.

Because of these tiny details, there has to be some hunters to look after the place. A third of the world's population is made up of hunters.

You'd be surprised how well hidden we are and how good we are at blending in, in different ways.

Hunter children don't attend mortal schools, like other children. We stay at home to train and learn what we need to.

The rules of the mythical headquarters and the battle strategies, different things for different monsters. I'm not normal, I went to a mortal school, to disguise it from my mother.

I didn't want her to get suspicious. I got expelled a few times for getting into fights, but I don't really care about that.

"Are you sure you want to go Amity?" My mother, Cassandra, asks me. I groan loudly at my name. She knows I hate her using my full name. "You don't have to go and live with your father"

"I may not have to" I say gently "but I want to"

"Are you sure? Your still so young..." Cassandra trails off.

"I'm eighteen, I'll be fine. I promise to text you as soon as we land" I gave her a quick hug and a kiss on the cheek, I turned to my sister, Kaitlyn and her boyfriend, Neil.

"Good luck" Kait tells me.

"Thanks, Kait" I say as we hug each other tightly. "Text me if you need me ok?"

"Of course" she replies.

I look over her shoulder and I lock eyes with Neil. He used to be scared of me, when we first met. He would never leave Kait unless I wasn't home.

After a few years, Neil came to see my real side and he's not as scared. He's still scared sometimes but not as scared as usual. He knows I'm protective over Kait.

If I was a mortal then I would tell her everything. I do, in the ways a mortal would. I'm extremely close to her, I have been ever since I can remember.

"Take care of her" I say firmly to Neil. I gave my mother another hug and told her I'd be fine.

I boarded the plane and sat in my seat, prepared to go to my new home.

---------------------

At the start of the summer, I had my eighteenth birthday.

Just before my birthday, I told my mum that I wanted to move in with Ace. She knows my opinion. She's known for a while that I've desperately wanted to move there.

She thinks it's because I hate the city. I do hate the city, but not for the reasons she thinks.

I told her it's because I prefer the space and the nature and the city is too crowded and polluted for my liking.

It's a few hours on the plane to Wales from here. My plane gets in at Cardiff where Ace is picking me up and taking me to his house in Golden Grove.

Every summer, I spend the whole time with Ace because it's easier for me. But it's not just that. I spend my whole year with my mum. I always have. But when I turned 8 years old, me and Ace convinced Cassandra to let me stay for the whole summer.

I know it's difficult because of how young I was, but Kaitlyn would come with me. I've been a hunter since I was 5 years old.

It sounds weird. How can I be so young? But we are all born like it and we need time to train and prepare.

Now that I'm 18, I officially don't need to train and learn and be assessed by anyone. I simply just work and train.

When I was 5 years old, I started seing things. But I felt like I shouldn't tell my mum and I should tell my dad.

I didn't hesitate to say anything. I told him straight. I told him that I saw magic creatures that other kids ran away from. But I didn't want to run away. I wanted to go towards them and make them my friends.

We went on a walk and he told me everything. He even showed me how to peel away glamours. It was the first time I did it. And that's when I saw his weapons. It was amazing.

He passed me a sword, well, it's more of a dagger really. But I held it and Ace taught me how to fight with it.

He told me that he knew I was the hunter of the family ever since I was born. Although he had to wait to tell me my true identity.

That's when I wanted to spend my whole summer with him. I wanted to spend my whole time with him.

Instead, I spent all my free time practicing my honus and training myself. It was the best moment of my life.

All I could think of the whole journey to Wales was how I was living my dream and I couldn't belive it was really happening.

I hadn't seen Ace in over a year because I decided to stay with my mum this summer because I was moving with my dad so I haven't seen him.

It's a week into the term in Wales but my mum doesn't know that because she thinks it starts next week. It's a Sunday so I have to start tomorrow. From what my mum thinks, anyway.

This year, I'm not going to school. I'm officially free and I can live my life without lying to my family's face every day and being reminded of it. I don't have to hide who I am.
---------------------------------------------------------

What will happen when she arrives?

Hey guys, this is the first book I've ever written on here so I'm sorry if it's not much but I promise it will improve, just stick around to read what happens next. Leave a comment on what you think of this book and how I can improve. Thanks guys 💜