3. A strange morning jog

I woke up at six o'clock this morning to go for my morning jog and to clean my bike. It must be collecting dust at the moment.

I jogged around the small town and slowly found my way to a forest. I jogged through and heard a wolf howl.

I stopped and stayed dead quiet. I put a glamour on myself and a soundless honu, I slowly crept forward and stayed behind a tree.

I saw four wolves, one of them was on top of a rock. That must be the alpha, I watched as they stood, huffing. I activated my wolf honu so I could hear what they were thinking.

'Amity Darkcrest has moved into town' the first wolf said. I didn't know who was saying what.

'We have to be careful. She's dangerous' another wolf said. I crept closer.

'She's not dangerous' the alpha said.

I could tell it was the alpha because it had a more promenent, clearer, voice. I stepped out from the tree.

"He's right you know," I say into the clearing where the wolves sit. They turn there heads towards me and growl in unison.

The alpha is the only one who doesn't growl. He stares at me with his vibrant blue eyes.

"I'm not dangerous" one of the wolves moves forward and gets ready to pounce.

'Why are you here, hunter?' The Wolf says.

"Leisurely jog" I say smugly.

'Quiet Hamish' the alpha said in my head.

'She's got an electrum whip and a knife' I smile at him and nod, liking his awareness.

I jog through the group of wolves and head back to the house. My honu deactivates itself and I jump over the fence into the street. I jog the small distance home.

---------------------------
It was 7:00 am when I got home, an hour jogging. Perfect. I quickly go and check up on my bike, its still under its covers in the garage.

I gave her a quick wipe and rolled her outside. I put my helmet on the back with the jacket and I walked into the house through the back door which opens up into the kitchen.

I have a knife strapped to my arm aswell as my electrum whip. I look at Ace across the room and we make eye contact.

From that, I know Zinnia is still not happy that I declined the applications. I don't care though, I've tried being nice and I'm not going to stop. But it's difficult when she's trying to make you do something you clearly don't want to do.

I'm clearly not trying as hard as I could be to make this relationship between us better, but then she isn't either. I go to the fridge and take out a home made smoothie.

"Thanks for the smoothie, Zinnia" I say in a polite tone. I turn to leave the room and get ready to go to school.

"It's a rare opportunity that one person gets every century and you declined them both" she says over the sizzle of pancakes.

"Look Zinnia" I say, exasperated.

"No you look, Ty" she snaps. "There is clearly something different about you. I don't know what it is, but there is something else in your blood. I know it."

"Well, that's a bit stupid. Your so unlucky to be my step-parent. You don't even have full responsibility over me. Especially now I'm 18. But I don't want to be immortal, I don't want to be in a citadel making weapons and pledging my life to it. I'm not into medicine and knowledge. I don't want to be a healing sister or a weapons master. If you think you know so much about me then why don't you turn me in? Take me to the cells in the healing sisters catacombs?" I shout.