Chapter Thirteen

Third Person POV

"There is a problem," the escort says.

"What do you mean there was a problem," Daniel said, standing up; Cat not far behind him.

"The King of the land had his Knights come in, and they took both of them. I don't know if they are still alive or dead," Alyssa, the escort, says," I'm sorry."

"So not only did we lose Zoe, we lost two more people,"Joe says," how many people are we going to lose before we get out of here? What does this son of a bitch king want from us? I just lost my sister, Daniel just lost his husband, Jenna has lost Julien, Dan has lost Phil, and Cat has lost not only her father, but her best friend. This whole thing is bull shit!"

"Calm down, Joe. Though we have lost those people Alyssa said that she doesn't know if Joey or Nathan is alive. So there is still a chance that we can save them," Roman said. 

"But I have no doubt that someone else is going to end up dead after a challenge to save them," Joe argues.

"Then if we have to go into a challenge then put me in," Cat says.

"Cat no you ca-", Daniel gets cut off.

"A friend of mine from the inside of the castle contacted me, she said that there is a male and a boy that were just ushered to the prison, both of them on execution row set in about two hours from now," Alyssa says," Joey is going to be burned and Nathan is to be hanged."

Cat drops to the floor in tears of happiness,"So there is a chance that we can save them?"

"If you guys can do it in two hours, then yes."

"Okay, we need a plan," Daniel says.

"They are on opposite sides of the castle," Alyssa points out.

"What if we split up we cover more ground and it will take us less time to get them free," Jenna says.

"Daddy you go get Dad and I go get Nathan and whoever wants to go with who can join," Cat says.

"Roman go with Cat, please," Daniel says," If anything happens to Joey or I make sure that Cat leaves without a scratch on her."

"You got it man," Roman says.

The two groups get down to business on finding their friends. Task after task clue after clue they finally have the keys to unlock the doors of the jail cells.

Cat gets hers unlocked first and rushes in giving Nathan a big hug and she quickly pulls him out of the cell trying to get Nathan, the group and herself as far away from the castle as possible.

Daniel later gets Joey out with a little bit of a struggle. They swing the door open and just like Cat Daniel ran in to get Joey. Though it didn't go exactly like Cat saving Nathan; the door was shut with both Joey and Daniel in the cell.

"I knew it," a voice said," I knew that you would attract another one."

"Who are you? What do you mean," Joey asks.

"I am the king, and I knew that if I captured on of you criminals the other would try to come and save you. I lead you into a trap just to get the other criminal. So now I can just execute you both now."

"Please show mercy, we haven't even done anything wrong," the two boys beg.

"You know what you have done," the king replies," Take them to the fire."

Daniel's rescue group couldn't move from the tree line they were watching from, they were to scared and shocked. They knew there was no saving them now. They all start to walk back to the house. Once they reach their destination they hear Cat excited to see her father.

"Da-, where is dad? Where is Joey and Daniel," she says starting to choke up.

"We are sorry, we couldn't get to both of them in time," Britany said.

Cat would have collapsed onto the stone floor is Nathan wasn't there to catch her. "It's okay, you know why? Because we are going to make their death worth it and we are going to make sure that you make it out alive to tell the story about how great people they were," Nathan says trying to comfort her.

"No," Cat says," That is not what we are going to do. We are going to play the king at his own game."

N/A

Hello! I am sorry I suck at updating and I am going to admit that, because I update literally once a month. I hope you guys liked the chapter, comment anything that you really want to happen in this book, and I am sorry this chapter is unedited.

suggestions~~~> 

something that makes you smile~~~>

I love you. Bye.