We were cuddled up on the train, her and me together, and nothing could be better. I had called Louis and told him I wouldn’t be joining the four of them back to our flat, and they all completely understood. We passed the time sharing stories from our pasts and by the time we got to Holmes Chapel I had known every silly little thing about her that the last time I had wondered about. When we got off the train out into the rain my mother gave me a puzzled look and I realized neither of us told her that we were official. Her eyes lingered on our intertwined fingers and suddenly her eyes lit up in fireworks hugging the two of us. With each of our heads over my mothers shoulder Charlie and I looked at each other and she smiled widely at me – there was nothing better than knowing my mother loved my girlfriend just as much as I did.

 “Its lovely to see the two of you, especially together” she smiled warmly and my heart felt whole realizing this was finally the start of Charlie and I – I still couldn’t believe it. We walked hand and hand through the station and because I came with her so spur of the moment no paparazzi’s expected me here; I was free to walk with my girlfriend in public and it was an amazing feeling. We weaved our way through the crowds of chaos happening around us. We passed by a newsstand just outside the station and my eyes were attracted to the bold lettering and suddenly my heart almost fell out my butt – even when the paparazzi weren’t here they still had the capability to ruin a perfect moment.

BREAKING NEWS: HARRY STYLES HAS TWO GIRLFRIENDS!

½ SPEAKS OUT ABOUT THE DOUBLE DATING ONE DIRECTION MEMBER

I stopped in my tracks, staring at it, unable to unglue my eyes from the bold lies that were spread across the country for all and anyone to read. A picture of myself with Emma at the concert was side-by-side with a picture of a much happier me hand and hand with Charlie leaving the same event. Charlie squeezed my hand supportively, breaking me from my trance “It’s not true” my voice was shaking as my trembling hands reached up to touch the words on the page, wondering if this was actually happening to me. I looked over at her as she stared at it, frowning at the headline. Without thinking I grabbed the papers and threw them to the ground and as they landed in a puddle I sped off.

“Harry!” Charlie called out to me but I didn’t look back.

“Excuse me sir, you’re going to have to pay for those!” a little bald man beside the stand shouted but I ignored him. I needed to be alone, to clear my head. The entire country was going to think I was a two-timer all because of Emma’s jealousy. How could she do this to me?

 CHARLIE

Tears filled my eyes watching him walk away as Anne brought me in for a cuddle. Her touch calmed me a little but no good ever came to Harry leaving me behind.

“It’s okay darling, you know its all rubbish” she encouraged and I knew she was right, but that wasn’t why I was upset. 

“I don’t want people thinking that of him, he’s the most wonderful man I’ve ever known.” My voice was broken as I ran my fingers through my hair.

 “Don’t worry Charlotte, why don’t we just head home, everything’s going to be fine.”

“What about Harry?” tears continued spilling down my face as my heart broke for him, I saw the pain in his eyes as they scanned the paper, which was equally evident in his voice and how hurt he was as he walked away.

 “The house is only a ten minute walk from here, I’m sure he just needs to clear his head love, he’ll probably be there before we even get there, lets go” she said with her arm around me and my bag in her other hand, leading me to the car. We drove the short drive back to Harry’s familiar home as Holmes Chapel went by in a blur. The weather reflected my feelings as I watched the sky erupt in lightening and I worried about Harry walking in the cold heavy rain. We pulled up into the driveway and I hopped out the car and into the house quickly.

“Harry are you in here sweetheart?” Anne called but there was no answer.

 ‘I’m going to make some tea why don’t you go change into some comfy clothes Charlie you’ve had a long day” she said sweetly and I made my way up the stairs back into my room for the last few months. I looked outside and realized it was starting to get dark and I was worried about Harry.

“Charlie your tea is on the table I need to run out to the store I’ll be back in an hour!” Anne called up the stairs and moments later I heard the door slam and her car start. I pulled on a sweatshirt and some leggings and went down the stairs into the kitchen. I couldn’t let myself relax until Harry got home. I subconsciously was pacing back and fourth, waiting to hear the front door open to find my boyfriend coming through the door, but there was no sign of him. What felt like forever passed and I decided to look out the window for him. I made my way into the living room and sat down on the couch as I peered out the dripping window. At the end of the driveway I spotted a soggy curly haired boy sitting on the ground with his head in his lap. I jumped off the sofa and leaped to the front door, swinging it open. I stood on the porch calling out to him.

 “HARRY!” my voice cracked as the rain poured down on me, soaking me to the bone as he turned over his shoulder and looked at me. He stood up at the sight of my face and I ran over to him and he did the same. When our bodies grew closer I jumped up, wrapping my legs around his torso and my arms around his neck, embracing him with my hands tangled in his curls.

 “I was so worried about you Harry” I said in a barely audible voice and he took my chin and pulled my lips to his, the warmth of his kiss running through my entire body, heating my cold soaked body. The rain poured over us as our lips moved in unison. He pulled away from me and my heart beat out of my chest against his, my breath was as heavy as my heart.

“Are you okay?” I said breaking our intimate silent stare and he nodded slowly “I am now” he responded and I kissed his nose repeatedly. 

“You don’t believe it do you?” he said quietly staring at the ground, his hands supporting my butt, still holding me up in the air and I put my hand to his cheek.

“Hey now, Harry, don’t be down about yourself,” I said forcing his bloodshot eyes back on mine “nobody matters but us. I love you no matter what the tabloids say or what people make up… You’re famous and people are going to say things and there are going to be rumors and lies but at the end of the day nothing matters but you and I.”

His face lifted as the corners of his mouth formed into a small smile. I grabbed his face and kissed his cheek.

“I love you, you know that?” he said and I smiled in response. His eyes wandered to the back of the house and I followed his gaze. He set me down gently and kissed the top of my head before running off to the backyard and I stood there looking puzzled at him. He paused and looked back at me “Are you coming or what!” I ran after him, something about him made me completely fearless. I didn’t second guess anything, I just followed his lead and we ended up at the swing set in his back yard. He waited up for me and took my hand, leading me under the slide sheltering me with his tall frame from the rain. 

“You know ever since our kiss under the stars three months ago I’ve been wanting to do this” he said before taking my face in his hand and kissing me softly, recreating our first kiss eleven years ago. I started smiling and our lips broke apart, our foreheads resting against one another.

“Thank you for being so understanding Charlotte. I should have been the one telling you everything would be okay. Being in the spotlight isn’t going to be easy, this is all so new to me, but having you by my side makes me feel like everything is going to be okay.”

“Harry I’ll always stand by you, nothing in the press could ever make me love you less.” 

He responded simply with a kiss and our relationship felt so strong, Emma and the paparazzi and the media could try their best, but it would take a lot more than a headline to get between us.