Chapter 23

I frowned as Zach pulled his hood farther over his head. I'm going to get to the bottom of this.
"Tell me who did this." I told him sternly.

Zach took a deep breath and looked me in the eyes.

"Jack." He whispered, wincing in pain as my hand caressed his cheek.

I felt anger building up inside of me, my hands curling into a fist. Standing up I grabbed the framed picture of me and Jack and tossed it across the room, the glass shattering as it hit the wall.

"Rain, stop, I deserved it." Zach mumbled, his eyes looking up at me.

"No you didn't." I defended, my head turning towards him.

"Rain, you weren't even my girlfriend and I got you pregnant, I deserved what Jack did." He replied.

|Jack's POV|

The anger inside me was boiling, my hands wanting to just grab something and break it.

Grabbing one of the glass plates from the solid white cabinet I slammed it to the floor.

"Daddy what's wrong?" Ashlyn asked, her head poking around the corner.

I couldn't  control my anger and swung at her. She fell to the ground in tears and back up against the wall, her hand against her cheek.

Looking away I ran out the door, my bare feet running as fast as they could.

"Jack." Joy said behind me, her angelic voice soft as always, even when she's mad.

|Zach's POV|

Walking into the bathroom I looked at myself in the mirror.

"I screwed up so bad." I whispered, the sun shining through the window onto my pale face.

The angels at the hospital said all I could do was put ice on my eye to make it better.

Looking out the window I saw Joy and the angel council talking to Jack, he looked as if he was begging for forgiveness.

I've seen this before, they are banishing him. I walked back to my room and went to check on Rain from the magic mirror.

She was sitting in the yard having a picnic with the twins.

|Rain's POV|

"Look mommy! A birdie!" Yelled Noah pointing to the Robin sitting at the bird feeder.

"I see." I said in pretend shock, grabbing Noah and putting him in my lap.

"Mommy, do you miss daddy?" Everleigh asked looking at her little feet.

"Everyday." I told her, my eyes looking up at the cloudy grey sky.

As the wind picked up I hurried the kids into the house, grabbing the stuff as I ran.

That's when I heard sirens in the sky. I hurried the kids into the basement with pillows and blankets, hoping we'd be ok.