The Kral Zera Part I

Start from the beginning

▪▪▪

      I had a restless night, Tossing and turning constantly, a gut retching feeling keeping me from slumber. I stared at the dark ceiling with the blankets pushed off of me, many thoughts clouding my mind. Most of them being about Earth, home, or the ongoing intergalactic war. I sighed and sat up, rubbing the tiredness out of my eyes.

     I thought about the conversation with Allura from earlier.

      I walked into the control room where the Altean Princess had the leader of the Blade of Marmora, Kolivan, on the holographic screen, Keith standing beside him without his mask on.

     As I approached, Keith's face seemed to soften from the stern expression he had before. I smiled softly in return. As much as I would like to talk to him and have some time alone, we had a bigger situation on our hands.

      "Kolivan, Keith." I greeted, in return they both acknowledged my presence.

         "I suppose you are aware of the situation we are in at the moment, if I am correct?" Kolivan spoke sternly, his piercing gaze directed towards me.

          "Yes, Allura had informed me about the strategy that will happen at the Kral Zera. However I do have some concerns." I paused to gather my thoughts before continuing."What are the risks of this mission? Are you sure once the Kral Zera is ceased, then they won't be able to determine the next ruler?" I asked.

       Allura clenched her fists and Keith visibly tensed onscreen, Kolivan's gaze never faltered.

      "This mission is rather very risky, but it is for the greater good for the Universe's sake. And once the Kral Zera is destroyed, then there is an absolute chance that the Galran officials will kill eachother off in a desperate attempt to take the throne. I guarantee you this plan will work."

       A conflict began to stir within me but I had no idea why, the strategy seemed as if it could work but I still had doubt.

      "___________..." Allura set her hand on my shoulder, making me look up at her. She had a soft expression on her face, her eyes filled with concern as if she was reading my thoughts.

      "If all else fails, which I doubt, do not forget that we also have Voltron, don't worry yourself so much." She offered a warm smile which raised my hopes little by little, but in all honesty I was still scared. I knew Keith was to be sent on this mission, which don't get me wrong, I do trust his abilities, however it still doesn't mean he can't stop his impulsive acts.

     I nodded and looked up at the screen again, We couldn't afford to doubt, especially if we are going to free the Universe from the chains of the Galra Empire.

      "Best of luck... for the sake of freeing the Universe." I put on my best brave face and Kolivan nodded, Keith looked like he wanted to say something but he held back. My heart sank but I couldn't refrain, we had more important matters to worry about.

      We bid our farewells and the holographic screen display dissipated, leaving Allura and I in silence.

      "I know how you feel about Keith going on this risky mission, but don't forget that we're all worried about him too." Allura broke the short silence with her small voice.