The Kral Zera Part I

Start from the beginning

        "I think Keith is able to take care of himself, even when he does take risks...a lot... But he knows that he has to return to you, so that gives him a reason to stay safe. Just remember he's doing this for the safety and stability of the Universe, but mostly for you out of what I've seen. Seriously, I'd never thought someone like him could be so head over heels for you, then again I couldn't blame him, you really are a great person _________."

      The Yellow Paladin smiled warmly and I felt my cheeks heat up at his words. Pidge patted my back then swiveled her chair back in front of her work space. I stood up.

       "Thanks guys, I really couldn't count on anyone else. I'm gonna go check in with Allura, I forgot that she asked for my help earlier with some stuff." The hologram deactivated and I grabbed the portable projector, I began to walk out of the hangar.

      Once the door closed behind me, I began to walk down the corridors with my spirits raised, Pidge and Hunk really knew how to cheer someone up, I was lucky to know them, let alone be stuck in space with them.

       I looked up and saw a certain Prince walking towards me, I felt anger and annoyance stir within me. Why was he walking around the castle? I continued to walk and look down at the small projector, fiddling with it in my hands. Something inside me knew that he was up to no good.

       Even though I had my gaze focused down, I saw Lotor gaze at me from my peripheral vision, we walked past each other and I let out a breath I didn't know I held.

       "Good Evening, ___________ was it? I must say, I can see why someone like Keith chose to marry you. You two make fine mates."

        Well that's one way to start a conversation.

        I paused and my face heated up in embarrassment as for my blood boiled in anger. I clenched my fists so hard I thought the projector was going to break.

         "What do you want, Lotor?" I merely hissed, my back still facing him.

            He let out a chuckle, I gritted my teeth.

           "I couldn't help but notice how impulsive you act towards me, all I ask is for us to set our differences aside and to work together as a team."

     I sucked in a breath and released, then I turned to face him.

        "Don't expect me to trust you so easily even after you killed Zarkon. Even if we are a team now, it doesn't mean that we're friends, or even acquaintances. Understand?" If looks could kill, Lotor would've been in ashes.

      He nodded and turned on his heel, continuing his way down the corridor, I turned around and went the opposite direction towards the control room where Allura said she would meet me.

         "I do not ask for trust, I merely ask for us to work as a team. That's what Voltron is all about if I am correct. I hope you do have a fine evening. Goodbye __________." 

           The sound of heels clacking against the floors resonated throughout the hall as the Prince walked away, A shuddered breath left past my lips as I curled my fists, leaving crescent shaped indents in the skin of my palm. Even though I usually had lots of patience for working with others -Especially with Mr. Hotheaded Keith- I just couldn't stand Lotor. There was something about him I couldn't trust, not only was it because if him being the son of Zarkon, but the energy he gave off wasn't reassuring.

          I continued my way to the control room where Allura said she would be waiting for me.