Epilogue

*Five years later*

I sat at Dre's tombstone talking to him, something I do almost everyday. I've come to talk to him whenever I have time. I'll sit for hours and reminisce with my baby.

"Well I guess I'll go now, it's almost six o'clock and you know Marr's football game is tonight," I said standing up. "I love you, baby. Continue to rest easy and I'll try to be back tomorrow."

I kissed his tombstone and walked back to my car. I wiped my tears and headed to get Marr and Ky from the house. When I pulled up and honked the horn, they were already ready to go.

Marr looked so handsome in his football uniform and Ky looked cute in her cheerleader uniform with her pom poms.

I sat with the other mom's and watched the game. I enjoyed watching my babies do something they loved to do and it took my mind off of Dre, only for a little while.

Life without him has been hard, especially at times like this. He's missed so much and I wish he was here with me to enjoy. I'd rather be in poverty and struggle everyday if I could have Dre back to go through it with.

I pictured us in our old age in rocking chairs watching our grandkids play together. I pray to see him in my dreams at night but I'll live right to make sure I see him in the afterlife.