Chapter 11

Erin P.O.V

"India I don't wanna blame him but Dre has enemies, ain't no telling who has my kids," I cried on her shoulder.

"I feel like it's all my fault. When I pulled up to the school, they were gone. I know they know better than to get in a random car, especially Marr."

"Did you see anything when you came out of the school?"

"It was only a car with a Jamaican flag on the top."

I sat up quickly, "What kind of car India?"

She began stuttering, "I-I don't know, it was a black Buick I think."

I ran to get my phone and called Dre. He picked up after the first ring, "Wassup baby?"

"India said she saw a black Buick with a Jamaican flag when she ran out of the school."

"Aight baby, stay where you at okay? You ain't gotta go nowhere."

"Love you Dre."

"I love you, too."

I hung up the phone, putting it in my back pocket. I got down on my knees and started praying; praying that my babies were safe and that He'd send them back to me.

Dre P.O.V

I know exactly who got my kids. That's how the game goes though, revenge is never-ending. When I bodied ole dude in Jamaica at the club, his shooters set out on their mission; now I'm on one.

Vonte and Donovan hopped in the truck dressed in all black. I pulled off and Donovan started loading the guns.

"I'm fucked up in the mind bruh, I don't know what I'll do without my kids especially if it's all because of me."

"It ain't all on you man and don't be stressed 'bout it 'cause we gonna get lil man and Kylynn back - just a few hours left."

I nodded my head and zoned out. Flashbacks started to take over my mind: the day Marr was born.

"De'Marr Aaron Rankins," Erin said to the nurse.

"You naming him after me?" I asked her.

"Yeah baby," I leaned down and kissed her. "I love you Dre."

"I love you too fat mama," I said and we started laughing.

I heard my phone ringing. I looked down to see India calling me.

"Hello?"

"Hey Dre. Is Erin with you?"

"What? Nah! She supposed to be with you!"

"She told me she'd be right back."

I put the phone down on my lap and hit the steering wheel. I heard India calling my name through the phone.

"India call her, don't leave the house aight?"

"Okay," she hung up and I put my head in my hands.

"This shit is too much man, it's too much."

Erin P.O.V

"India I'll be right back," I got my phone and left her house.

Somebody called me and told me to meet them at a park close to the elementary school. I got in my car and headed over there.

When I arrived I turned the car off and started to look around. I didn't see anyone. Guess I'll just wait.

When I got the call, they informed me about my kids. I was told that they were safe and if I wanted them back, bring five hundred thousand dollars to the park at a specific time. I'll do anything for my kids! Kylynn isn't mine biologically but she's mine.

About fifteen minutes passed. Where are they, I thought to myself. Maybe it's another park around here somewhere. I put the key into the ignition and turned the switch.

As soon as I put it in reverse, my phone started ringing. I looked down to see that number calling me. I answered.

"Hello?"

"Where you going?"

"I've waited and I didn't see anyone."

"Your kids must not be that important to you then?"

"Yes, they are. Please don't hurt my kids."

"Your son gonna get popped in the mouth in just a few minutes if he don't drop the attitude."

"Can you put me on speaker?"

"Say what you gotta say."

"Hey, this is mommy. I miss y'all a lot. Marr don't be acting up and Ky, don't whine or cry, okay? Y'all gonna see me soon enough."

"Momma why you lying to us?" Marr asked, I froze up.

"What you mean Marr?"

"I watched movies like this before with my daddy, this not gonna end good."

"Yes it is, I'm telling you Marr."

"Enough of the family shit, put the money under the swing set."

I got out of the car with the duffel bag and walked over to the playground. I looked around before dropping it, "Don't be looking for me, now take your ass back to the car."

"What about my kids?"

"If you want your kids, come get 'em."

I saw a person in all black emerge from the woods. I saw my kids, too. He had both of them tied together with his hand firmly gripping the rope. He approached the duffel bag and looked into it.

He untied them and dropped the rope. I got out and started walking that way. He raised his gun, aiming it at me. "Don't try nothing," he said in a cold, demanding tone. I raised my hands up.

"I won't, promise."

Kylynn and Marr ran towards me. I picked both of them up and made my way to the car quickly and made sure they were in. I got in, started the car and put it in reverse.

Right when I started backing up, I heard shots go off. Three black figures were moving towards the woods and the guy dropped dead on the swing set. I put it in drive and floored it out of the parking lot.

I called Dre's phone twice and didn't get an answer. I took the exit to go to the house. I called again and he picked up.

"Dre."

"Hel- hel-lo?"

"Dre what's wrong?"

"I- I can't."

"Spit it out! You can't what?"

Blap!

Blap!

Blap!

Blap!

Blap!

"Dre?" I waited. "Dre'Shaun?"

The phone cut off. I put the car in park and let my head drop and lean into the steering wheel. I didn't just cry; I wept, wailed, screamed, anything you can think off. I never thought my nightmare of losing Dre would become my reality.