Chapter 16

Pictures of Erin & Dre in MM.

Erin

     "Dre I promise you it's gonna be alright," I said through the phone. "It's just a little dent."

     I grabbed my purse out of my car and made my way to the sidewalk. I shook my head at how pissed he sounded through the phone.

     "I'm on my way, who the fuck hit your car?"

     "Calm down first," I said shifting my weight from one foot to another. After a few more minutes of convincing Dre it wasn't a serious situation, we ended the phone call.

     I looked up and saw my co-worker, the Tyrese look-a-like, exit the building and come my way. He had that smile on his face and I watched him walk the whole way over.

     "What happened?" he asked.

     "Someone backed into my car. Right when I thought I was home free."

     "Aw man," he said then walked to the front of the car. "Oh, it's just a dent." Finally, a calm person here besides me.

     I saw Dre's Range Rover come down the street and parallel park. He got out wearing a red Ralph Lauren shirt, black jeans and his Toro 4s. Dre is just as sexy as he wants to be.

     He approached us and I read his eyes. Inside he was wondering who Winston was and why he was standing next to me like we were an item. I gave him a glare, telling him not to act up.

     Dre talked with the towing men, telling them they weren't needed, police and the man who backed into my car while Winston made conversation with me. I was laughing at a joke he made when Dre walked up.

     "What's so funny?" he asked, catching Winston off guard.

     "Did you get everything worked out?" I asked.

     "Yeah, who's your friend?" he asked then stepped in front of me. "Who are you?"

     "Dre'Shaun, where are Marr and Ky?"

     "Your parents's house," he answered, stilling glaring at Winston. I grabbed his arm, trying to pull him towards the street.

     "Winston I have to go get my kids, see you Monday?" I asked.

     "Most definitely," he said smoothly and winked. I smiled and forced Dre to his truck and I got in.

     "Who is he?" Dre asked immediately. "Most definitely," he mocked Winston.

     "My co-worker now take me to my kids," I said, taking my heels off.

     He shook his head, "You need a new co-worker." I laughed at his jealousy as he pulled off.

     I stood in Dre's kitchen, washing the dishes. Kylynn fell asleep right after dinner and Marr went to play his game. Sometimes I come cook dinner at Dre's house, mainly when Ky's here.

     I was about to put some dish detergent in a skillet when I felt arms wrap around me and something hard pressed against my backside. It made me jump and squirt too much detergent.

     "Dre'Shaun! Move!" I said as I turned around.

     I jumped because I haven't been touched since the day before I left Dre. He hadn't tried me like that at all then here we go. Dre and I have a sexual attraction that's so strong but if I fall into that trap, I'll soon be back with him.

     "Come on baby, for old time's sake?" he whispered in my ear. His touch gave me goosebumps.

     "You know we can't do this," I said, pushing him away.

     "You can't tell me you don't feel what I feel. You miss daddy," he slid one of his hands in my panties, "and she misses daddy."

     I bit my lip as his fingers were at my entrance. I tried pulling away and out of nowhere, he kissed me roughly. I kissed him back and he picked me up, grabbing a hand full of my ass.

     He locked his bedroom door and threw me on the bed. I lifted my hips up and let him pull my pants and panties off. I leaned up and pulled his shirt over his head.

     "Lay back baby, you ain't gotta do a damn thing," he whispered into my neck, sucking on it. I did what he said, knowing I would regret this in the morning.

     I woke up to somebody shaking me. I opened my eyes slowly and saw Dre standing there with no shirt on, just his Ralph Lauren pajama pants.

     "You gotta be at work at nine baby, get up."

     I looked at my phone and saw that it was Sunday.

     "I don't have to work today," I told him.

     "Good," he said as he climbed on top of me. "Shit, lets go for another round."

     "Nope, the first three were enough."

     "You can't tell me you still tired," he said as I pushed him off of me.

     "I am actually but that shouldn't have happened either," I said standing up.

     "You wanted it to," he said.

     "Doesn't make it right Dre."

     "We married, what you mean it doesn't make it right?"

     "We married for now."

     "Why the fuck would you even do that shit?" he yelled at me, causing me to turn around quickly. "I'm not gonna hit you, damn."

     "What you mean? I didn't do anything."

     "You led me on, making me think we would get back together!"

     "No the hell I didn't! You fucked me, not the other way around!"

     "Oh so we just fucking now? We not making love no more?"

     "The love is gone Dre!" I yelled. "It left when you hit me like I wasn't shit!" I stormed out of the room, heading towards the door.

     I heard his footsteps behind me so I sped up. When I reached the door, he grabbed my waist and pulled me to him. I put my head down, refusing to let him see my tears. He tried to lift my head but I forced it down.

     "Look at me Erin," he pleaded. I could hear the hurt in his voice.

     "Just stop Dre, let me leave."

     "No. You always wanna fucking leave when shit gets bad! Just because it's major shit instead of minor shit, you get ghost! Major shit happens when you fall in love with somebody and get married! I'm in love with you and you act like you don't even give a fuck."

     "I'm sorry," I said, wiping a tear.

     "Don't cry," he used his thumb to wipe away my tears. "I don't want to see you cry, I'm tired of seeing you hurt. All this shit is my fault but I thought you would be here to tell me it's aight."

     "You making me feel bad Dre," I said, being honest.

     "Payback's a motherfucker, huh? You always make me feel bad. Nobody's perfect Erin. All the shit we went through, you just gonna drop us?"

     "Dre it's not that simple."

     "Because you make it difficult. I love you girl."

     I hesitated, "I love you, too." He lifted his head and we looked each other in the eyes.

     "We gonna make it work?" he asked. I nodded. He leaned down and kissed me. I missed and love Dre so much. I'm so happy I can finally forgive. Now comes the hard part; telling Marr.

Dre

     I pulled up to the curb and Erin walked out of the building, followed by Winston. This nigga really pushing it! I put the truck in park and leaned back. He stopped Erin and gave her a hug. I ain't gon' trip though, I'm chilling.

     She opened the door and got in. I pulled off after she put her seatbelt on. She leaned over and kissed my cheek before speaking to the kids.

     "What's wrong?" she asked.

     "Why the hell he always up under you?"

     "Who?" she asked, pulling her phone out.

     "Your co-worker."

     "Winston? Oh, that's nothing."

     "Man he want you, don't act like it's something small."

     "Its not about who he wants, it's about who I want."

     "Yeah," I said focusing on the road.

     She put her hands on top of my free hand and kissed it. I stopped at the red light and looked at her, "It's nothing, promise." I nodded, hoping she was telling me the truth.

     I walked in the house, locking the door behind me. I tiptoed all the way to my room and opened the door, careful not to wake Erin and the kids up. I closed the bedroom door and started taking my clothes off.

     I climbed into the bed to find that it was empty. I got back up and walked into the bathroom. Erin was asleep in the tub with Hennessy sitting on the side of the tub. I shook my head and picked her up, wrapping her in a towel.

     "Baby?" she asked groggily, like she was making sure it was me.

     "Wassup babe?" she stood up and I dried her off.

     "Where you been?"

     "I had to take care of some business," I answered, walking behind her with my hands around her waist.

     "Oh, cool."

     "I ain't been out with no other females Erin," I said, knowing what she was thinking.

     "I didn't even ask you that," she said laying down.

     "But that's what you think, huh?"

     "Why the fuck did we even get back together if we gonna argue?"

     "Be cool with the bullshit E," I walked to my side of the bed. "Marr actually happy that we back together, if you don't give a fuck about me, at least give a fuck about him."

     "I'll be sleeping in the guest room tonight," she said getting up.

     I ran and blocked the door, "Get back in bed and stop acting like a little girl. What's wrong with you?"

     "Honestly, I'm a little fucked up," she said and started laughing.

     I was about to cuss her out when the doorbell rang. She smirked at me and I let her go by. I grabbed my gun and made her walk behind me. I looked through the peephole and didn't see anybody. I put my hand on the knob and pulled it open fast, drawing my gun.

     "Damn it's just me!" Brandy said, putting her hands in the air.

     "What you want?" I asked.

     "Can I at least come in?" she asked.

     "No, you sure can't," Erin answered.

     "What the fuck she doing here? I thought y'all were broken up!"

     "Don't be worried about us," Erin said, wrapping her arms around me.

     "Brandy what you want?"

     "I need to tell you something, it's important."

     "What?"

     "I can't come in?"

     "It's late, just tell me because I'm tired and ready to go to bed."

     "With his wife," Erin said with an attitude.

     "I got AIDS so that means you got AIDS and so does that bitch!" Brandy blurted out.

     I froze, Erin froze and Brandy just looked at the both of us.