Chapter 9

Dre POV

These five days without Erin been the longest. I can't balance kids, being a rapper and selling. I don't see how she juggles my stuff, the kids with their stuff and her salon. It's like I feel bad then I don't give a damn 'cause she gave up on me.

I said what I said, thinking I wanted a divorce but now that she's away, I see that I don't. I thought she'd fight for me, I guess I was wrong. She laid shit down so good the night before she left to show me what I would miss.

I heard my phone ringing and went in the room to get it.

"Hello?"

"I'm pulling into the driveway."

"I thought you was gon' be gone for two more days."

"Changed my mind."

"You need help with your bags?"

"Yeah but we need to take a ride somewhere."

"Aight," she hung up. I got my shoes, locked the door and got in the truck.

"Did you sign the papers?" she asked.

"Nah."

"Why not?"

"I don't want a divorce."

"That's what it sounded like."

"We been through too much shit to give up. I was mad and tired of arguing. It's not a spark between us anymore because we never have time to ourselves."

"I wish you woulda told me that."

"Why were you so quick to say 'fuck it' and give me those papers? Then fucked me like a porn star before you left?"

"Because I felt like you gave up on me too! I can't tie somebody down who wants to be free. The other was just for me to laugh I guess, show you what you'd miss."

"So you done with me?"

"I don't wanna be."

"Well make a u-turn, I want you at home."

She turned around and headed back home. When we got out, I carried her straight to our room.

I love this girl. She's my best friend, heart beat, lover, wife, baby mama, everything really. It's like whenever we fall out, we pull it right back together.

Erin POV

Tomorrow is Christmas! I'm excited. Today is gonna be a busy day. I woke up, showered and started getting ready. I put on a blue sweater, black leather pants and Uggs with a blue purse.

Dre cooked so we ate then me and the kids went to the mall. We walked into Macy's and looked for gifts for my parents.

They don't really know Kylynn and the same for her but she's excited to meet them. We decided on a watch, cologne and shoes for my daddy. We went into another store and decided on a coat, perfume and a purse for my mama.

We left the mall and went back home. Kylynn helped me wrap the gifts while Marr played his game.

"What did y'all get?" Dre asked walking into the den.

"Stuff for her mommy and daddy," Kylynn said.

"Oh, I got a surprise," he said and walked to the door. He came back with my parents and Vonte.

"Hey!" I jumped up hugging them. I haven't seen my parents in a year and some months.

"Hey baby girl."

"Baby this house is gorgeous! I love it."

"Thanks mama," Dre said.

"Hey Erin," Vonte said. My head snapped up.

"You know me?"

"You my bestfriend, how could I forget?" I looked around, confused.

"I'll tell you later," Dre said. Him and my daddy went into Dre's man cave to watch the game.

"Mama this is Kylynn, Ky this is my mama."

"Hey precious."

"Hi. Can I get a hug?"

"Sure!" My mama picked her up, hugging her.

"Come here nigga!" Vonte said to me and snatched me up.

"Hey, you hungry?"

"Hell yeah."

I heard car doors closing so I went to the front door. I saw so many of my cousins, aunts and uncles getting out of trucks and cars. I had no idea they were coming but the more the merrier.

All of them hugged and greeted me, telling me how pretty the house is and how happy they are to see me. Everybody gathered into the den.

"Okay for those of y'all who don't know, this is my husband Dre, and my kids Marr and Kylynn. We have six bedrooms and I didn't know all of you were coming so I'll have to arrange some things."

"In this pretty ass house, I'll sleep anywhere!" my cousin MJ said.

"Boy watch your mouth," his mama said and slapped his neck. Everybody laughed.

"Okay moms and pops, y'all are in the room beside Kylynn's. Auntie Carol and Uncle Melvin, y'all are in the room beside them. The rest of y'all are like 25 and below so y'all will be in the living room and whoever wants the last room can go at it. The sofa pulls out so y'all can arrange that and I have 3 air mattresses, that should be enough. I'll show y'all where to put your luggage."

They all followed me to the small space by the kitchen that I don't use. They sat their stuff there then I went to the kitchen to start serving the food. We ordered from a BBQ spot and we have plenty of extras.

The teens and below ate on the indoor patio and the grownups sat at the table inside. We sat around, talked and ate for a while. After all the dishes were washed and the table was clean, we went into the theater to watch a movie.

This is the start of a great Christmas.

Dre POV

The Christmas and new year has been great. I never thought I would be a father or a husband but look at me. I'm happy where I'm at. I got rid of the bricks 'cause I be damn if Erin leave me. Everything just going great right now.

"Dre," Erin walked in our room.

"Wassup?"

"I'm bored."

"What you wanna do?"

"I wanna go swimming."

"It's too cold outside."

She came and laid her head on my chest. I kissed her forehead then thought of something. She gonna love this.

"Baby guess what I did," I said walking up to Erin.

"What?" she kissed me.

"Got us two tickets to Jamaica, if my baby wanna swim, we gon swim."

"Babe! OMG," she jumped on me and kissed me. "Thank you!"

"You're welcome. We leaving tomorrow so get everything together."

"Love you babe."

"Love you too."

"How was your flight ma'am?" the bellboy asked Erin.

"Great, thanks for asking."

"Have a nice stay."

We walked into our condo on the beach. She went straight into the bathroom and changed. When the door opened, I saw her in a swim suit.

"Swimming already Erin?"

"Yup, that's what I came here for! Come on," she grabbed my hand and bypassed the pool, heading straight to the beach.

"Hold the hell up, I'm not finna walk on the beach in Jordan's. Fuck wrong witcha?" she started laughing.

"Please?"

"You know what we could do though?"

"What?"

"Come to the room, after that we can do whatever you want."

"You trying to bribe me?"

"Call it what you want."

"I guess Dre," before she said anything else I picked her up and went straight to the condo.

Erin POV

After I showered, I started to get dressed. I put on black, leather shorts with a red, sport, varsity crop top, red single strapped heels and silver jewelry.

I flat ironed my hair and added two flips at the front. I put on red lip stick and added gloss on top of it then walked out of the bathroom.

"How I look?"

"You aight, ain't got shit on me though."

"Shut up Dre! Lets go."

We found this club that a lot of people recommended. It had Jamaican flags posted all over the place with red, green and yellow lights. I love Jamaican music and I was ready to dance.

I went straight to the center and started dancing. Some parts of the song was really fast and then it slows all the way down. I went from hip rolling to twerking then hip rolling again.

I saw a really pretty brown-skinned girl with black hair that stopped in the middle of her back. She was matching me to a tee but she wore neon yellow. She can dance her ass off too.

She smiled at me then walked over and we started dancing together like we knew each other.

After about 3 songs, we stopped and she followed me to the bar. I sat down and so did she.

"I'm Erin, what's your name?"

"I'm Naomi, you can dance!" she said smiling.

"You can too."

We talked while sipping on our drinks. Some guy walked up, he's cute be he's nowhere near Dre's bracket.

"What it do," he said. I looked at Naomi then looked away, trying not to laugh.

"I'm talking to you," he said reaching for Naomi's hand. She snatched away.

"Nah nigga, uh uh, you fucked up when you said 'what it do'!"

"Fuck you bitch," he said.

"Is he mad? Aw, I'm sorry!"

I burst out laughing and he walked away looking angry.

After a few hours, I decided it was time to go. I can tell Dre is drunk too. I tell her bye.

"Wait, let me get your number."

"Aight," I put it in her phone. Right when I press save, gun shots went off. They do this shit down here too?!

I pushed Naomi to the floor.

"Crawl!" I yelled.

When we got out of the back door, I stood up to see Dre wasn't there.

"I'll be back," I said to her. I pulled my gun from the side of my bra and ran back in.

I saw Dre with his gun aimed at this guy with dreads, and his gun aimed at Dre. The only sound being made was my heels clicking on the floor with each step I took.

"Drop the guns."

The guy with the dreads chuckled before saying, "Get outta here girl." his accent is so thick.

"Didn't I say put the guns down?" I cocked mine.

"I don't give a fuck what you said," he said coming towards me. He is so stupid. Dre shot him in the back. He stared at me blankly then suddenly, hit the floor.

"Why you always getting into shit Dre? Damn."

"Shut that shit up."

"You shut up nigga! We can't ever have fun without something going on!"

"So this my fault?"

"Weren't y'all the last two in here? Okay then!"

"Just help me find the fucking cameras and shut up."

"Yeah whatever."

We looked all over. I decided to look behind the DJ booth, bingo.

"I found them Dre."

I unwired them and broke the laptops. I poured alcohol on the systems that they ran on, then I heard sirens. We took off threw the back door.

We hid behind a trash can in an alley and waited for the police. After about 10 minutes, we started back to our condo. The sun was starting to come up.

"What was all that about Dre?"

"What you talking about?"

"Last night."

"Bae do we really have to go threw all the explaining and shit? Its over."

"Nah, we don't."

"Thank you."

He was about to put a strawberry in his mouth when I grabbed it. I took off all my clothes, pulled my hair from the pony tail it was in, then laid on the bed. I licked the strawberry seductively then put it right between my other set of juicy lips.

He got up and came towards me with a smirk on his face. I'll find out what I wanna know, even if it hurts me. Nothing a hot bath can't fix.