It's You - Liskook

Start from the beginning

"Lisa"

"Huh?"

"My name is Lisa," she said extending her hand out of habit. She immediately pulled it back realizing he was in no state to shake her hand.

"Okay, Miss Lisa. Thank you for your help but I think I can manage on my own," he groaned as he tried to stand up.

"Really? That's great. I am just going to stand here then, just in case. Not that you need help anyone's help," she said, understanding all too well that his words came from a hurt ego.

Lisa watched him support himself and against the wall and slowly stand up. His knees struggling to hold him up.

"Since you don't want any help from me, is there someone you can call? Family maybe?" Lisa asked worriedly.

"Family..?" He scoffed. "Sure. Call them." Lisa dialed the number he dictated and waited. She was going to end the call when a male voice spoke on the other end.

"Hello?"

"Oh! Hello, Mr...," Lisa looked at Jungkook.

"Jeon."

"Right. Mr. Jeon. This is Lalisa Manoban. No, no you don't know me. This is actually about your son, Jungkook," Lisa looked at Jungkook again.

"Yes, Jungkook. Now, I don't want to alarm you, it's just that..."

"What did he do now? Listen, Miss, I refuse to be held responsible for his actions. If he has caused you any damage, you will have to sort it out with him."

"Huh? Hel-lo? Sir..?!" All Lisa heard was the call ending tone in response.

"So I am guessing Mr. Jeon isn't coming to help?" Jungkook asked.

"He.. hung up on me.." Lisa said, still staring at her phone.

"Typical. Do you want to try Mrs. Jeon next? She'll give you at least a minute of her time before she hangs up on you," Jungkook bit out sarcastically.

Understanding dawned upon Lisa and she decided to handle things differently.

"That's alright. You said you could manage on your own, so I should get going then." Lisa turned on her heel and started walking away.

Jungkook watched in confusion, not comprehending the sudden change.

"Oh, but it's already too late to travel by bus. It'll take too long. Maybe I should call myself a cab?" Lisa spoke to herself, her voice a little louder than required.

"But will it be safe for a girl to travel all alone in a cab, so late in the night!" Lisa wondered loudly. She looked over her shoulder to see if Jungkook was listening.

"Fine. I'll accompany you. Where are you going?" Jungkook sighed. He limped towards Lisa, still refusing to accept any help.

"I have to go to my roommate's workplace. It's not too far and the cab will be arriving soon anyway." Lisa said joyfully because her plan was working out.

--

The cab pulled up the curb and came to a halt. Lisa got out of the car and waited for Jungkook to do the same. He stumbled out of the car, almost losing his balance but Lisa held him up.

All Lisa saw was a flash of white before something rammed into her. "Lisa!! Are you okay? Your message scared me! What are you doing here?" Her roommate lets go of her and stepped back checking to see if Lisa was okay.

"Chaeyoung! I am perfectly fine! Relax. I came here with a friend." Only then did Lisa's roommate notice the bruised and battered boy, standing near Lisa.