I picked out a classy black dress that fit me perfectly. Paired it with some black boots and my thick jeans jacket which was his. I'll probably return it to him tonight before I forget.

Spraying some perfume on I did a final check in the mirror and made my way downstairs. My parents were ready to drive me and my sister there for our reservation.

We were meeting him there and I assumed most of the guys would be meeting us there too. I was so nervous walking inside but Lily had a tight hold on my hand. I breathed a sigh of relief, I could always rely on my little sister.

Pretty much everyone was seated already when we arrived so I had to get sit down quickly. Damon had already pulled out a seat for me that was right next to him. I smiled at him and took my place next to him.

His musky scent calmed down my nerves. We ordered our food and made a start on our meals. The casual conversation around the table was nice and relaxing. Damon had his seat close to mine and we were shoulder to shoulder.

"is that my jacket?" he leant in to whisper in my ear. I angled my head sending him a small smirk.

"you can have it back tonight Damon" I said to him, grabbing my glass of coke and slowly drinking from it. I felt him take a drink of his own. "no, please keep it" I was about to object but he sent me the look of keeping my mouth shut.

I know that look all too well over the years I've known him.

"you're going to need it" I heard him mutter as he turned his head to converse with one of the guys. Those words scared me, why would I need his coat I have plenty a home just like this one. Maybe not as big and warm but very similar.

"you okay" Adam, Lily's boyfriend whispered placing his hand on my arm. I nodded quickly. I hadn't even noticed that he was just staring at Damon as he spoke.

"yeah, just thinking" I answered back honestly.

"you're probably dying to know why we're having such a formal dinner and why he wanted everyone to be here" he says. I feel like he knows something I don't.

"do you know?" I asked him but he shook his head indicating no, but I feel as though he is lying.

As an hour passed Damon suddenly got all our attention. He had everyone watching and listening to him with such ease it was admirable.

He sat up straight and placed his hand on my leg. It was firm but it was like he needed me for courage. My heart was racing I had no idea what Damon was thinking at this minute.

"thank you for coming tonight. As well as inviting you all to have a meal like we used to I also have something I want to tell all of you" I watch his mom bite her lips slightly. Avoiding contact with anyone.

I stare at her wondering what does she know.

"right." He paused "well I guess this is the time to say it. I've been thinking a lot lately" he starts off by saying.

"and the main thing I've had on my mind was my future. I'm 19 now and I have no future planned at all and I know that worried a lot of you but it never really seemed important at the time" I could sense some shakiness to his voice.

I wrapped my fingers around his arm. He took a deep breath as soon as I did.

"Basically, what I'm trying to say is that I need to figure my life out before I start to pursue what I really want. Dad left saying how I would be the man of the family, I needed to take care of everyone but right now I'm failing.

I've considered everything and, in a week, I will be joining the army. Not only will I be fighting for my country but it will give me time to really think and focus on my strengths and weaknesses" the guys were shocked for about two seconds before they stood up and started to congratulate him.