• Chapter 10 •

"C'mon Yoongi hyung!" I yelled, Hoseok already starting on our snowman. We were all wrapped up in warm coats, scarves, boots and literally every item of clothing you could imagine. Yoongi was standing, not even near the exit, with his face pushed up against the window. His breath fogging up the glass. He then proceeded to draw a sad face on the window. I rolled my eyes and opened the door, the cold hitting against him and he shuddered.

"Hey! I'm cold close the door!"

"Stop being a chicken!" I teased, he scrunched his nose up and something twisted in my stomach.

What was that?

I shrugged it off and yanked him into the snow... where he lost balance and fell face first into the white blanket. He jumped up, screeching and leapt onto my back, the snow still stuck to him falling down my neck. Hoseok fumbled around in his pocket and proudly snapped a photo with his camera.

"You look like a couple." He giggled before shoving the phone back into his pocket and continuing to make his snowman, or Mr. Snuggles as he called him.

"A couple? Being near him is a big enough disgrace!" Yoongi mocked, I chucked him off my back.

"Wow thanks!" I said sarcastically. That's when we heard a high pitched screeching a blur of pink. There was a young girl, about six, who had a pink collar around her neck and an older woman, possibly her grandmother stumbled after her. The presumed grandmother roughly grabbed the child's arm. I looked at Hoseok and Yoongi, who were frozen in spot. The child started crying and demanding to be let go. A small growl escaped the two hybrids' mouths. I cocked an eyebrow.

"Come here you whiny little..."

"Leave her alone." Hoseok hissed, his eyes were boring holes into the older woman. Something was off. Not only was his voice laced with venom but his eyes were slitted, like a predator.

This was new.

"Are you one of those things?" She asked, placing her hands upon her hips. The girl had stopped crying, but was making grabby hands at Hoseok.

"Uh, sorry for intruding but why does she have a collar?" I inquired, pointing at the child.

"Because she's a pest that what! She's one of those things. They should all have collars in my opinion."

Oh boy this is not going to be fun.

"Call her a pest again, I dare you." Yoongi spoke up, his hands clenched into fists. His eyes were also slitted. I gulped.

SMACK!!

The old lady slapped both Yoongi and Hoseok. The child had escaped the grasp of the woman and had run behind me. I patted her head, to which she purred to. A younger man had sprinted over.

"I sincerely apologise on her behalf, she hasn't had her medication and that's my kitten over there. Sushi!" He said, getting between everyone. The small child beamed and jumped onto her owner, who embraced her. When they pulled away, he frowned.

"I said no collar mum!" He unclipped the collar and threw it away. He bowed to us apologetically and walked off with a giggling kitten on his shoulders and a tight grip on the crazy elder. I glanced at the two, who seemed unfazed by the slap. Their eyes seemed to have returned to normal and they shook their heads, almost like they've just come out of a daydream.

"You guys okay?" I asked, they looked at me in confusion.

"Yeah why?"