34. Lonely Star

"That stupid fucking bitch!" Arabella's piercing scream of profanity could be heard clearly throughout the bus station.

She was livid, seeing red and practically foaming at the mouth from all the obscenities she was viciously spewing out.

"Fucking cunt!" She screeched again, Arabella could practically feel herself breaking down their front door.

She was storming throughout the bus station with her hands balled into tight fists which led her nails to dig into the flesh of her palms.

Many people waiting in the terminals stared at her and whispered amongst each other, claiming she must've either been mentally ill or high off some type of extreme narcotic. The remainder of the people simply pitied her but decided on turning a blind-eye.

Arabella's plan to be in Las Vegas by tomorrow afternoon had been thwarted thanks to her father and his wife.

She clenched her teeth tightly.

There was no way in hell anyone would have the upper hand on her anymore. Arabella Huxtable lusted for her freedom and absolutely no one was going to hold her back.

Arabella stopped walking and stood still and tall in the middle of the building.

She raised both fists up in front of her and slowly uncurled her dainty fingers.

A small smile appeared on her face as she watched blood slowly seep out from the crescent-shaped wounds.

The blood convened towards the bottom edge of her hand where it gathered together before it began to drip small droplets onto the floor.

Arabella's smile faded as she lowered her arms back down to her sides and picked her pace back up.

She scoffed, they were going to regret what they did.

Arabella Huxtable didn't like to lose.

-
    Kate's gaze kept falling on Abel and his busted lip. The 17-year-old was quietly sitting beside his father Steven whose presence created a thick-film like tension in the small living room.

Abel was sitting forward on the sofa with his elbows rested on his knees, his body was slumped forward and his head was tilted downwards.

Kate knew something wasn't right with the teenager in-front of her. Though he seemed quiet, Abel's movements were jittery and frantic. Kate concluded that Abel was both distressed and paranoid over something.

Abel stared down and focused on his white Commes De Garçons sneakers. The conversation the two adults were having right beside him faded itself into background noise.

In his mind the only thing he could envision was the dark rag over his face while water was washed down onto him. It had entered his nostrils and traveled to both brain and lungs suffocating him and creating the sensation of drowning. A heavy fist decorated with a ring crashed down onto his mouth, he had tasted his own blood. He knew the ring was a 1990 class ring from Princeton.

Abel snapped back to his fuzzy reality. He could hear ringing inside of his ears. It hurt to breathe and his migraine was so intense that even the light in the dim living room was beginning to bother him. He shut his eyes, everything hurt.