14. Trust pt.1

Arabella, nice lip injections sweetheart just wait until they burst open while you're sucking a dick.

Maddox looked up from his phone and over at Arabella with his hazel eyes narrowed at her lips, "You have lip injections?"

Lowering her round reading glasses to the edge of her nose she purposely looked at Maddox as if she wanted him, "Want to find out?" Her voice being both low and sultry.

He forced a chuckle to escape his lips as he shook his head slowly and lowered his phone onto the table beneath his elbows. He looked over to Rosario who was speaking to Gwen and Tamia. The three of them enjoying themselves and he couldn't help but wonder what they were talking about.

Like always, Rosario hadn't spoken to Maddox and like always, he was becoming restless.

Arabella looked around the cafeteria as well, all eyes were on her and Maddox and she was sure that everyone probably thought they were a thing, especially after that post the day before.

Suddenly, her brown wolf eyes met those green eyes belonging to the snake himself.

Every fleck of Abel's irises was just an explosion of green shades in all types of variations.

Abel was no doubt the most sought out guy in their school. Everyone, mostly everyone, boys and girls wanted him.

Arabella lightly tapped her finger nails on the top of the table, the clicking sounds becoming rapid with each flicker of hatred passing through her veins.

She noticed the dark pink and purple bruise on his lower jaw, and also the small scab he had on his bottom lip.

Maddox suddenly cleared his throat and began to speak, "She hasn't spoken to me at all."

The sound of his voice brought Arabella back from her anger fueled daze. It took every muscle in her eyes to refrain herself from automatically rolling her eyes at Maddox.

She was awful when it came to showing others empathy or sympathy. It was something utterly foreign to her.

Still, she placed her hand gently on his back and gave him a warm and unexpected smile, "I'm sure it'll work out."

Maddox tiredly shrugged his shoulder and looked down at his cellphone, "I'm just sick of this back and forth."

Arabella bit onto her lower lip and completely placed her book down, "Why is she like this with you anyways?"

Maddox raised his head to face Arabella, "She thinks she isn't good enough for me."

Arabella bitterly chuckled at the irony of it, "When really, she doesn't realize she's too good for you."

He knitted his eyebrows together and managed to laugh too, the laugh eventually subsiding and turning into a frown, "She just doesn't get it."

Rosario, who sat at her table with her best-friends Tamia Jones and Gwen Zhou was trying her best not to look his way.

Out of everyone at there school he was friends with he just had to add fuel to the fire and sit beside her. Now everyone, probably thought he and Rosario were broken up and that he and Arabella were a thing.