11) Piece By Piece Prt. 2

Hospital

Levi- I walk the seemingly vacant corridor.

Nurse- I walk out of a patients room and see a wandering man. "You lost?"

Levi- "I'm looking for my daughter..."

Nurse- "Name?"

Levi- "Kendal Grace Smith."

Nurse- I lead us over to the nurses station, sitting at the desk I begin typing away at computer. "You are?"

Levi- "Her father, Levi Raven Smith."

Nurse- I check his ID. (Nods) Then give him a bracelet. "She is down the hall in room 316."

Levi- (Smiles) "Thank you." I go down the hall and open the door, looking into the crib I see the toddler crying. "Hey princess none of that, you're okay." I walk over and gently pick her up and rest her on my hip, being mindful of all the wires.

Dr Kane- I walk into the room to see father and daughter. (Smiles) "Mr Smith, pleasure to meet you. Just wish they were due to different circumstances."

Levi- (Nods) I shake his offered hand. "Agreed."

Dr Kane- "Well I got back the results of all the tests, there is no lasting damage...just minor scrapes and bruises. The swelling in her abdomen and down her spine went away. Just to be on the safe side I did put her on some antibiotics and just take her for a check-up in three months. Otherwise I deem her healthy to leave here, even fly."

Levi- (Nods) "Thank you." The doctor leaves and a different nurse comes in to remove all the wires. (Sighs)

Half-Hour Later/Penthouse Suite

Kendal- I look up at my daddy from where I sit on the bed. "Where is mommy?"

Levi- "I will tell you someday, but know she got into trouble and it cost her dearly."

Kendal- I give him a calculated look, then go back to watching the cartoons.

Levi- Too smart for her own good at such a young age. (Sighs and Smiles)