14 - The Gospel of Mary

The Gospel of Mary

Chapter 1

1. Mary, the servant of Jesus Christ and Apostle to the Apostles.
2. From Magdala, a town on the shores of the Sea of Galilee
3. It was the first hour of the day, and the sun was like a woman in that joyous minute pass her hour of travail
4. Unto us a day was given full of hopes, a day of rest, sanctified and named Sabbath.
5. Given to man for God's sake not because of the man that laboureth all the days of his life nor he that sits besides a pool of wine drunken to his soul.
6. And it came to pass, in those days having created everything, the creator rested from working having made all things beautiful even those things yet to come
7. He chose to refrain from working on the seventh day for all he wrought with his hands were perfect.
8. And it has been the tradition of the Jews to revere the sabbath unto this day.
9. Obeying the commandment of God as it is written in the law of Moses.
10. People make haste to the synagogue, to worship and to pray and to listen to priest read from the books of the prophets.
11. At the gates were those who sold and bought, many tables of moneychangers were scattered round about; and the seats of them that sold doves.
12. Also there was noise of animals of different kinds for there were pens of sheep, and of goats, and of cattles, at every corner.
13. Merchandise of every kind was bought and sold, for the merchants came from the east, and from the west, and from the north and from the south.
14. And things were sold in prices that profit both the seller and the buyer.
15. People from everywhere force themselves through the crowds of souls to the tables of the merchants of whom they want to make business with, as it were the dung from the animals swim through the air with a pleasant perfume and not stench.
16. Now therefore were there publicans moving from end to end, table to table, merchant to merchant, trader to trader, collecting taxes.
17. With countenance as that of a bride on her day when the bridegroom cometh for her.
18. The roaring of the crowd don't seem to get pass unto the courtyard of the temple today.
19. For it seemeth the priests and ministers must be fast asleep as it was only the echoes of the noise made at the gates that cometh out of the temple.
20. No Levi was found in the courtyard preparing sheep or dove for sacrifice.
21. No smoke seemeth visible.
22. For Jesus had returned in the power of the Holy Ghost unto Galilee with much fame he came unto Nazareth where he had been brought up.
23. He was the one inside the synagogue that taught whose teaching marvel the whole congregation.
24. And has quietened the Pharisees, and the Sadducees, and the priests.

Chapter 2

1. He asked the minister that the book of the prophet Isaiah be brought to him and it was delivered unto him;
2. And when he had opened the book, he went to the place where it was written, and he read out loud to the people.
3. The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.
4. And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down.
5. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him.
6. And he began to say unto them,
7. This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears. And all bare him witness, and wondered at the gracious words which proceeded out of his mouth.
8. And they said among themselves, is this not the carpenter's son whose mother is called Mary.
9. Jesus knowing their thoughts answereth them not, until when he was done teaching he returned unto them:
10. And he said, Verily I say unto you, No prophet is accepted in his own country.
11. But I tell you of a truth, many widows were in Israel in the days of Elijah, when the heaven was shut up three years and six months, when great famine was throughout all the land;
12. But unto none of them was Elijah sent, save unto Sarepta, a city of Sidon, unto a woman that was a widow.
13. And many lepers were in Israel in the time of Elisha the prophet; and none of them was cleansed, saving Naaman the Syrian.
14. And all they in the synagogue, when they heard these things, were filled with wrath,
15. And they all rose up, and threw him out of the synagogue, and out of the city. For his time hath not come they killed him not for blasphemy.