46

Ninas POV

With Dylan and Nico's season being over this week and the trial being in a few days, things have been pretty stressful.  Kit got a really good case going for us and she thinks we will win. 

"Dylan I'm nervous."

"Don't be, and don't worry about it now it's in a few days.  Nico is flying out in 3 days and the trial is in 5 days, we have time and we will be ok."

"I know.  It's crazy this is finally happening."

*NIGHT BEFORE TRIAL*

"Hey babe."  Nico says as he comes up to hug me on the couch.  Before I could say hello back I heard the doorbell ring.  He goes to get it and sees it's the lawyer ready to go over details with all of us.  We gather around the kitchen table as she takes out files and sets them on the table. 

"So how are we looking for tomorow?"  Dylan asks.

"Good.  We are in position to win the case with all the evidence we have against him."

"Good."  Nico says as he puts his hand over mine and smiles.

"You know what happened, and you remember exactly what happened the night you two went out?" Nico nods before she starts to speak again.  "Good we are probably going to need that information too.  Now Nina do you remember this?"

She pulls out a picture of me at the hospital the day I was brought in and proceeds with another picture of Tyler's dorm with some blood on the floor.  I feel a slight push against my chest.

"And what about this one?"  She says as she pulls out one of me lying on the floor of Dylan's apartment since Tyler dropped me off here after he was done for Dylan to find me.  I nod as I feel a bigger push against my chest.

"Kit would you like a water?"  Dylan says as he stands up.

"Sure, thank you."

I feel my ears pop and a continued ring in the background as I can't hear anything as Nico's hand hits my shoulder and I see him mouth something before my eyes shut again. 

"I think she's having a panic attack."

I can't breathe and my chest really hurts, before I know what's going on I realize I'm on the floor against the counter with Dylan trying to calm me down.  I see them all talking but I can't hear anything.  I try to match my breathing to Dylan's.

"Stop crying neen, it's not good."

I didn't even realize I was crying. A very worried Nico comes up to me with a water as I take it and start to drink it.  My ears pop once again as I calm down a bit and look up at Nico and give him a hug.  Dylan helps me up and we all sit back down at the table.

"Keep going."  I squeak out.

"Are you sure?" 

"I'd rather do this now than in court."

The rest of the night was spent reviewing the case and once she left I decided I needed to go to bed. 

"Hey babe."  Nico says as he comes in and lays beside me.

"Hey."

"No nightmares tonight.  I'm sleeping in here."  He says as he puts his arms around me and kisses my forehead.  "I love you so much."

I turn around to face him with a smile.  "I love you too.  Thank you for being here for me."

"There's no place I'd rather be."  He smiles.  He was right when he said no nightmares, because I slept like a baby because I knew he was protecting me.