14

Nina's POV

I wake up to see Dylan sitting in a chair across the room from me, just looking at me.

"How long have you been there?"  I said as I stretched.  He tossed a bag on my bed and stood up.

"Put those on, we are leaving in 5 minutes."

I open the bag to see a pair of sweats, a beanie, and a red wings sweatshirt.  I did as I was told and got out of bed.

We walk to the car and I finally decide to ask him what the hell is going on.

"What are we doing?"

"Here,"  He tosses me a blindfold. "put this on."

I cautiously put it on and wait for an explanation, one that I never get.

After what seemed like forever, the car stops.  I hear Dylan go to the trunk and grab something, he then comes to help me out of the car. 

We walk into whatever building he decided to take me in and he sits me down.  He takes off the blindfold and I realize we are in the locker room at LCA.  I see my skates and my stick along with my gloves and his gear in the corner.

"I know you've been down lately, so I decided to being you here.  I mean, it always makes me happy."  He smiles and walks over to a small handheld speaker and presses a button.  A few seconds later, my favorite dance song is on, White Lies by Max Frost.  He comes over to me and puts his hand out, I grab it and we start to dance around the empty locker room.  He does the 'kaner shuffle' because he knows that's my favorite, it makes me laugh that he is such a bad dancer.  He grabs a stick and uses it as a stand up microphone as he lip-syncs the words while we dance.

White lies
You try
Can't blind my eyes
You got your red dress on
And you want to play
Like I can't know things that I've never seen

I haven't smiled and danced like this in a while, and I couldn't be happier. The song finally ends and I give Dylan I hug.

"Thank you."

"Oh we aren't done yet."

He grabs our skates and our sticks as well as the speaker and we head out to the bench.  We both put our skates on and he dumps a bucket of pucks out on the ice, It's just like when we were kids.  I step on the ice and immediately I am happy, the sadness just melts away.  We take shots on net and play a little one on one before we call it a day.

"Dylan, I honestly can't thank you enough for this."

"You don't have to.  I hate seeing you sad, I just wanted to cheer you up."

We get back to the locker room and I look at my phone to see a text from Nico.

Nico:
Hey neen.  How are you
doing today?

Neeen:
Pretty good actually.
Dylan told me you checked
up on me everyday, I wanted to
say thank you and sorry if I
worried you.

Nico:
It's ok, I'm just happy
you are ok.

Nico:
You know... I will be in Detroit on the 27th for a game and part of the 28th if you want to hang out.

Neeen:
Absolutely <3

I see Dylan looking over at me.

"Who is that?"

"Nico.  He wanted to make sure I was ok."

"That's sweet.  You guys aren't dating or anything are you?"

"No."  Hardest lie I've ever had to tell, I'd love to say he's mine but it has to wait.  Dylan just nods his head, it seems like he knows, Hopefully he doesn't or he will flip out on me.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ● 
Yay she's happy once again! Let me know what you guys think.  Thanks for reading 💕