20

Ninas POV

It's been about a week since me and Nico have hung out and I can't stop thinking about him. We have a big game against Grand Valley tomorrow, so I try to get focused.

"Are you excited for your game tomorrow?" Dylan runs in so ecstatic he's almost screaming.

"Yes.  Why are you so excited you can't even go?"

"Think again!"  I got up to be somewhat closer to eye level with him.

"What are you talking about?"

"I got the day off tomorrow, I'm going to your game. I wouldn't miss this big game for the world!"

"Thank youuu!"  I hugged him tight.  After he pulled away he practically skipped to his room singing 'I'm so excited'.

*GAME DAY*

We arrive at the rink around 4:00 Dylan dropped me off and went home since the game didn't start till 6:30.  I walk down to the locker room and see most of team there.

"GAME DAY GAME DAY GAME DAY!!" I yelled as I put my arms up right when I walked in.

"GAME DAY GAME DAY GAME DAY!!" The team yelled back.

We ate as a team and went over the plan for the game. We knew they tended to play on the dirtier side and get away with it, we decided we were going to play a little tougher too even though no one can check. Once it was 5:55, our captain gave us her award winning 'get fired up' speech.  We walk out as a team, excited for the battle ahead of us.

The puck drops and the game is already intense, you could cut the tension with a spoon.  By the end of the first the score is 1-0 us.  GVSU is playing rough, but we are managing.

The second period starts and within the first 2 minutes GVSU scored.  Tempers were running high and we all knew it was going to get heated fast.

I am passed the puck, heading down the boards in our zone, looking up the whole time to see if there is an open pass.  I see a possible pass and throw over a sauce so it didn't hit anyone's skate and get deflected. Right as I passed I looked down, within seconds it was over.  I try to get up but fall right back on the ice, the play had stopped and I can't get up. My whole team comes rushing towards me and our captain tells coach to call an ambulance.  The normally bright rink started to go fuzzy as I am helped onto the stretcher.

I wake up and see bright lights, thinking I am still at the rink.  I quickly realize I am at a hospital.  I look over and grab my phone and see the date, January 7, two days after my game.

"Hey how are you feeling?"  Dylan says as he sees I am awake.

"Like shit.  My head hurts and so does my leg. What happened?"

"You got hit, hard.  You were coming to the boards and she illegally checked you."

"Oh.  Well how long am I out?"  Right as I said that, the doctor came in to explain to me and my brother what was going on.

"Hi I'm doctor Lieberman, I performed your surgery."

"Surgery?"  I looked up at Dylan.  The doctor put up some x-rays.

"So as you can see you were hit pretty hard, the action of you hitting the wall was enough to break the upper bones in your thigh and part of your hip.  We went in surgically and fixed it with rods and plates.  You also have a minor concussion"

"How long am I out for?"

The doctor looks at Dylan and then back at me and sighs.

"14-18 weeks.  12 at the least. I'm very sorry."  He walked out, a nurse came in.

"There are some people here that would like to see you, can they come in?"  I nodded.

Seconds later I see my entire team fit in the tiny hospital room, I can't believe they all came to see me.  Soon after they left my parents and older than Dylan older brother, Colin.  I feel awkward with all the pity these people are giving me. Once everyone left I told Dylan to go home and get a decent nights sleep since he said he had stayed up all night the last few days with me, he didn't want me to be alone when I woke up.  He insisted he would be back in the morning, he left and turned off the lights.

For the first time, I cried.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●
Awe neeeeeeen :( hope you guys enjoy lmk what you think.