22

Nico's POV

I arrive in Detroit after what seemed like a 10 hour flight even though in reality it was only 2.  I'm so scared, I just want my girl to be ok and I can't wait to see her any longer.  I check into my hotel, going up to my room and just setting my bag inside before walking out again.  I walk into the hospital and up to the front desk.

"Where is Nina Larkin?"  The lady behind the desk looks at me a little worried, I guess she can tell I'm freaking out.

"Room 106 baby, just calm down she is ok." 

"Thank you."  I run to the elevator and try and calm myself down as I feel it take off.  I step out and start looking for her room.  I walk in and see her sleeping on the bed and Dylan in the chair, they are so peaceful.  I then see a large bandage on her right leg near her hip the goes down to her lower thigh and my stomach drops once again.  I head over to the bed and grab her hand, Dylan wakes up and sees me.

"Hey man, sorry I didn't answer your text it's been a long week.  Did you get into your hotel yet?"  He whispers.

"Yeah, I'm just checking on her, I heard what happened and wanted to make sure she was ok."  I let go of her hand and sat down in the chair next to her.

"Well I'm going to go get some coffee, do you want anything?" I shake my head.  "Alright, just stay with her until I get back please."

He walks out and I once again grab her hand.

"Oh Nina, I hate seeing you like this.  You are strong and beautiful and I know you can overcome this.  This is just a bump in the road on your journey and I want to be here very step of the way.  I-I love you nina, and I want to be with you every day.  And I know we can't be because we both have busy lives and families, but every second I'm not with you, I miss you.  Please wake up and talk to me."  A tear starts rolling down my cheek, I sniffle and kiss her hand.  Right as I do so I see her eyes open.

"I love you too Nico."

"You, you heard all of that?" 

"Yes and I want you to know that I'm not going anywhere."

I lean over to her and kiss her.  Her lips are smooth and soft, just like her voice.  I wish the feeling could last forever but after a few seconds we both pull away. 

"You can't scare me like that, Hallz showed me an article about you getting hurt and it almost gave me a heart attack."

"Sorry, I don't want to worry you.  At least he showed you and you didn't just randomly find out."

I spent the rest of the day with her and Dylan, he is a lot less scary when he likes you. 

At the end of the day I head back to my apartment and prepare for tomorrow, the day she goes home.  I told Dylan I would help get her home because he said he couldn't do it on his own knowing that she is stubborn and will refuse help. 

I flop down on my bed and stare at the ceiling thinking of her and look back out the window st the beautiful city of Detroit and the Canadian skyline.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ● 
Lmk what you guys think 💕