Chapter 14. Fight!

Sophie was walking in the back of the group, fuming.

"He thinks he can just take the reins and nothing will happen? I'll show him what can happen Who gives a damn about my morals, anyway?" She huffed.

'Vent out your anger, child. Don't let it consume you from the inside.'  Nocturnes voice rang out in her head.

"Oh, I will..." She grinned wickedly, then slowly separated from the group.

Hiding behind a giant rock on the island they were on, she transformed.

"Now let's see how the Fentons will handle this Shadow" She chuckled darkly, and the aura around her turned purple.

'Child, are you ready for them to know who you really are?'  Nocturne asked his pupil skeptically.

"I don't care. I wanted to keep it a secret for as long as I could, but given the circumstances, it's not exactly good. I don't care if they hate me after, I can handle a friendless high-school life, I've been there before." Sophie grumbled.

"Now, let's show them the real me, the one I've been suppressing to be a goody-two-shoes." Sophie grinned and transformed into her ghost form.

Turning invisible, she flew into the open, right in front of Jack, and materialized with a giggle.

"Hello everyone!" She grinned.

Whispers ran through the crowd of teenagers.

"Name's Shadow. What's your name, handsome?" She flew up to Dash and put a finger under his chin flirtatiously, making him drool.

"Dash..." He answered, in a trance.

"Nice to meet you, Dashie." She purred in his ear.

"Hey, you! Get away from my boyfriend!" Paulina stomped over and tried to yank Shadow's foot, but her hand went right through because Shadow turned intangible.

"Whoa, calm down girl! I'm not going to steal him away from you!" Shadow giggled and flew over to Danny.

"Hello, Great One."

"Hey Shadow. What brings you here?" Danny answered with a poker face.

"Oh, just wanted to have a bit of fun. You're not against it, aren't you?" Shadow grinned.

Danny just shrugged and looked at his brother pointedly.

"Reklamu vian fianĉinon, frato"1 He mouthed in Esperanto.

"Ŝi ne estas mia koramikino, kaj mi ne trankviligas ŝin."2 Dan mouthed back.

"Whatcha whispering about?" Shadow flew up to Dan and floated upside down.

"Why are you here?" Dan narrowed his eyes at the blue-haired girl.

"Can't I just visit my friends?" Shadow spun around, pouting.

Dan just sighed, exhausted.

"Uh... guys?" Lily called out.

"Yea?" Danny hummed.

"Where's Sophie?" The question made everyone except Team Phantom worry, and start searching for her.

"Don't search for her, she won't  come back for a long time!" Shadow giggled, moving shadows between her fingers.

"Who are you and what have you done to Sophie?" Jack pointed a Fenton blaster to her head.

"Oh, how scary! I have a blaster pointed at my head by an angry human!" Sophie faked a scared face, then erupted in giggles.