Chapter 12. Apologies and happiness

"Now, let's go find Dan and pry the information out of him." Sam smirked.

////////////////////////////////

The trio consisting of Danny, Sam and Tucker, went to find the eldest Fenton, but he was nowhere to be found.

While the team was searching for him, Dan was walking around the castle on the outside, hands in his pockets and head down, letting his long bangs hang in his eyes.

"Why did I yell... She didn't have anything to do with my choices, she doesn't have any fault..." He muttered, shaking his head.

"I do have some fault, I asked you something that you didn't like to remember. I struck a nerve, and I'm sorry... I shouldn't have pressed on the matter..." He heard a guilty voice behind him. When he turned around, his whiskey eyes met hazel.

"You shouldn't be sorry, I should've told you I didn't want to talk about my past." He said, shaking his head.

"Let's just say we both have some faults, and we're both sorry and start again, alright?" Sophie smiled softly.

"Alright." Dan smiled down at her.

Unexpectedly, she wrapped her small arms around his torso, since she was a foot and a half shorter than him.

"I'm glad you're not mad anymore..." She murmured softly, then, unexpectedly, broke the hug and speed walked away.

"What just happened...?" Dan raised his eyebrows. Shaking his head to clear his head, he walked back inside and was met with his little brother and his two best friends.

"What happened? Where the heck were you?" Danny eyed his brother skeptically.

"Where's Sophie?"

"What happened with you two?"

Dan just shook his head with a frown, his hair falling into his eyes.

All three younger teens raised their eyebrows, while Dan walked away.

"Let's ask Sophie." Danny said, furrowing his eyebrows.

/////////////////////////////

Knocking on Sophie's bedroom door, Sam put on her best worried face.

"Go away!" Sophie's voice sounded frustrated.

"Sophie, it's me, Sam."

"GO AWAY!" Sophie yelled.

"Sophie, please let me in..." Sam rapped her knuckles on the door once more.

"I said, GO AWAY!" Sophie hollered, making Sam flinch and step away from the door. Sophie's voice was so loud that even Dan heard her loud and clear from outside.

Sophie burst into silent tears, sobbing into a pillow.

"Why do I feel again? I promised myself that I wouldn't fall again!" She wailed into the soft fabric.

'Child, do not worry. You are doing the right thing, keep the friendship with the ghost boy. You have seen Clockwork's vision, you know what's going to happen.' The disembodied voice of her mentor rang in her head.

Sophie recalled the vision, and stood up from the bed. She wiped off her tears and straightened her clothes.

"Alright, now I'm going to apologize for real." She whispered to herself, pointing her chin up.

==================

Dan was sitting on the outside stairs of the castle, head in his hands.

Sophie slipped out of the double doors silently, and approached the tall teen.

"Hey..." She sighed.

"Hey..." Dan uttered.

"Listen... I'm sorry if I left you confused... It's just... It's just that I'm not used to feeling affection for anyone besides my father..."

Dan just tilted his head like a puppy.

'So that's where Danny gets his antics.' She thought, smiling softly.

"I-I'm afraid to care about people besides my aunt, mentor, best friends and father." She whispered, looking him in the eyes, teary.

Dan smiled softly, as if to encourage her, and opened his arms slightly.

Sophie dropped to her knees and buried her face in his chest with a strangled sob.

"Everything's gonna be alright..." He rubbed small circles with his thumb on the small of her back.

"It's okay... I used to be emotionless too. I used to feel only anger and hatred, I was a cold-blooded assassin."

Sophie sniffled, gripping his shirt in her little fists.

"But you changed..." She whispered with her voice cracking.

"But I changed. And I think you can change too. Now come on, let's get you cleaned up." Dan stood up with his arm around her shoulders and lead her inside and towards her room. Once there, he waited for her to freshen up, sitting on her bed.

"Thanks for believing in me." Sophie said, exiting the bathroom.

"No problem. I know what it feels like, and I know it's better when you have someone who believes in you close." Dan said with a slight grin.

Sophie grinned back, and hugged him tight.

Sighing contentedly, he hugged her back.

Meanwhile, outside the room, the Phantom Trio was high-fiving each other with huge grins plastered on their faces.

"Finally! There is so much tension between them!" Tucker snickered.

"Agreed." Sam smiled.

"Totally." Danny grinned at his best friends.

As they walked away from the room, they could hear the tinkering laugh of the blonde girl.

Totally.

=============================

Hey guys! Sorry for the giant delay but I've been sick and super busy with school. Plus I have relationship problems that rebound on everything else...

But anyway, hope you like it!

Vote, comment, suggest to others!

XOXO
Sofy